Rescue

"Ding Dong. Ding Dong." Unexpectedly, the doorbell rang.

Dad froze, turned around and stared in the direction of the door.

"Ding Dong. Ding Dong." The bell didn't stop ringing.

"WHAT?! Who's ringing the doorbell at a time like this?" he muttered and stomped to the door.

"What?! Are you a salesperson? I'm busy now!" he shouted and flickered open the door. A dark brown haired man grinned confidently and stood behind the door.

"Good evening, Mr. Rivas, my name is Carlo Eric, a social worker. It's my pleasure to see you."

"A social worker? Wait, how do you know my name?"

"You see, I have received notifications saying that there is domestic violence happened with your son, Alfie Rivas. May I speak to you for a minute?"

"Domestic Violence? What are you talking about? My son is fine. Now, go away!" Dad scolded him.

"I'm sorry but I need to take a look at your son before I leave," he pushed Dad and forced himself into the house.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Do you have a warrant? You can't just get inside my house like this!" he yelled.

"Mr......Eric.....?" I mumbled softly. Mr. Eric took a glance at me. The living room was messy. Broken ornaments fell on the ground. I laid on the ground. My arms and legs are full of bruises and red scars.

He smiled and lent me a hand.

"Are you ok, Alfie?"

".......I.........no, I'm not ok. Please help me....." I begged him. Tears fell from my eyes. It was the first time I sought for help.

"YOU! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW!!!!"

"Mr. Rivas, after observing your son's situation, I'm afraid I can't do so. You are under arrested by committing the crime of domestic violence. I will see you on court."

"RIDICIOUS! You are not even the police. This is my son! I was just educating him how to be a better person. You don't have any authority to do this!"

"Mr. Rivas, I'm sorry that I forget to mention......" Mr. Eric paused and stared at the door.

"The police are already here."

"Mr. Renfred Rivas, you are under arrest by committing the crime of domestic violence. You have the right to remain silent. But anything you say may or may not be against you at court," Two police officers came in to the house, grabbed Dad's shoulders and handcuffed him.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? I DID NOTHING WRONG!!!!" He pushed himself away from the police officers and struggled to get rid of the handcuffs. The police, of course, did not allow him to escape.

"YOU!" He glared at me, "IT MUST BE YOU WHO BETRAY ME, RIGHT SON? YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CALLED THE POLICE!!!!"

"I KNEW IT. IN THE END, YOU ARE THE SAME AS THAT WOMAN! YOU GUYS ARE ALL BETRAYDERS!!!!! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, ALFIE! I NEVER WISH YOU ARE MY SON, ALFIEEEEE!!!!!" he screamed.

Hearing him, I bit my lips.

Ah.....he said it. I knew it. I always knew it. That man never treats me as his son. He never understands me. And I never understand him.

I looked at him for the very last time. I'm sure we would never meet again. All those years, I just wanted to say to him for one single thing.

"Goodbye, Mr. Renfred Rivas."

"ALFIEEEEE!!!!!" He yelled louder. The police ignored his screams and dragged him away from the house. His house. It was not mine anymore.

"Alfie! Are you alright?" said Jay as he hugged me tightly. He was deeply worried at me. I could sense his cold body temperature.