I Will Protect You, Alfie

As I ran across the street, huffing and buffing, I wasn't actually looking at the road. My eyes seemed to be staring at the road, but they had gone elsewhere.

"Ouch!" All of the sudden, a female voice rang into my ears, I felt an unexpected impact. I had bumped into someone.

"Ah......sorry I bumped into you." I apologized immediately.

"Huh? I feel like I bumped into someone but there is no one here. Is it my imagination?" the woman said.

I suddenly realized something and my face went white.

Did I just bump into a human?

I can touch humans now?

This means I'm stronger than before.......which means.....

Alfie is in danger!

In Alfie's viewpoint...

At school, a familiar ringing sound started to ring again, announcing the end of the day. I packed all my belongings in my schoolbag slowly, one by one. Usually, I would pack my stuff faster as I always wanted to get out of the classroom as soon as possible, you never knew what would happen. But since I met Kevin, the number of times I smiled grew rapidly, I lowered down my vigilance on everyone.....perhaps school was not that stressful at all.

"Alfie." The sound of my name startled me, I gazed up, James was standing next beside my desk, with a few other classmates behind him, his eyebrow was lowered and pulled close together, showing wrinkles on his forehead. My nerves began to shake, past experience told me something bad was going to happen.

"What's wrong, James?" I asked politely, hoping my instinct was wrong.

"Alfie! It is you, isn't it? You're the one who stole my pen!" James shouted, I felt strange as I don't remember seeing any pen.

"Your pen? What do you mean?"

"Huh?! I'm saying my Waldmann Xetra Vienna Black Fountain Pen, of course!" Hearing that long name, it did sound familiar. Memories floated in my mind, James was talking about that pen in brought to school.

"That pen was very expensive. I suppose you stole it due to jealousy!"

"No, I didn't. How could I dare to steal your pen?"

"Don't fool me. I have a witness. The one standing behind me said that he saw you steal my pen." James turned his head towards a thin boy behind, I recognized him. He was the boy who saw me talking to Jay and spread my rumors to everyone. As I took a glance at him, I saw him make a wickedly smile.

"James! Paul is wrong! I swear I didn't touch your pen!"

"Then show me your schoolbag to prove you are innocent." James suggested. Before I could agree, other classmates grabbed my schoolbag and opened up all the pockets in my schoolbag, searching my bag left and right.

"What are you doing?!" I cried. I tried to take back my schoolbag from them but James stopped me.

"James. I found it. The pen is in Alfie's bag." One of the classmates stated, showing a fountain pen in his hand.

"Huh?!! How can that be possible? This is a mistake!" I explained. Yet, no one believed me.

"So you don't want to admit, huh? Don't worry, I'm sure you will admit soon." James clenched and gripped his fist tightly. He dragged me to that nightmare corner of mine and pushed me towards the walls, I gazed at him and saw James hold up his fist and punched right at my face.

".....cough.....cough.....what I said is true....I didn't do anything....."

"Stop lying! If you didn't do it, why my pen is in your bag? Tell me, Alfie!"