Encountering Ghost

"Ringing.......ringing......" Unexpectedly, there was a sudden sound of a phone ringing in the air. Mr. Eric felt his mobile phone buzzing inside his pocket. He wondered who called him, he was a bit annoyed by the sudden music sound, it always disturbed him from thinking.

"Hello?"

"MR. ERIC!!! THANK GOD! You answer the DARN phone!" a young male voice complained angrily. His voice was squealing like thunder, Mr. Eric got his phone away from his ears at once.

"Hector? What's wrong?"

"WHAT'S WRONG??!" Hector kept on complaining, he got even more irritated when he heard what Mr. Eric said, "I CAN'T believe you just LEFT the office without saying anything to me!"

"Huh? I remembered I left a note on the table." said Mr. Eric.

"Oh, that note." Hector pictured the note in his mind, Mr. Eric sensed him rolling his eyes again.

"I read that small note. But I hope you can at least bring me with you." Hector grumbled, feeling a bit unhappy about being left out.

"Come on, you just came back from a case. Take some rest. I'll handle this one." Mr. Eric tried to comfort him. Luckily, Hector finally cooled down a little.

"Have you got any clues on the case yet?" he asked.

"Not much. But I found a lead. I probably will get in touch with the host soon."

"That's fast. How's the ghost?"

"There are not any signs of the ghost hurting anyone now."

"I see. Well, I think I can------Beep. Beep. Beep." Hector stopped talking suddenly, following a beeping sound.

"Hector?" Mr. Eric asked but Hector was not answering him.

"Hello?" Mr. Eric felt weird and gazed at the screen of his phone.

The phone had lost signal.

"Crash!" A loud sound appeared in the wild air. Mr. Eric shook his shoulders.

It was the sound of broken glass.

"What was that?!"

Mr. Eric put back his phone in his pocket and walked forward slowly, gazing at the direction where the sound came from. There were some broken glass pieces some distance away from Mr. Eric, glittering in the light. A gust of howling wind entered from the broken window and trampled along the walls, slipping right towards his body. The surrounding temperature dropped.

Mr. Eric had a bad feeling about this.

"Crash!" Another sound appeared again. Mr. Eric looked up, this time the lights on the ceiling broke. He looked left and right and alerted his senses at the same time. The ceiling lights above him started to get dimmer and dimmer, flashing on and off.

"Crash. Crash. Crash."

Surprised, another ceiling light broke again, there was some distance from the broken lights, Mr. Eric swallowed his saliva and took one step. Immediately another ceiling light broke again, this time, the lights were closer to Mr. Eric than the previous one. Soon, another ceiling light broke and another and another, the ceiling lights were getting closer and faster in one straight line.

Something was coming. And it was getting nearer and nearer.

"CRASH!!!"

Following another strong wind, all of the lights broke at the same time, swiping the corridor with darkness. The wind touched the surrounding walls and windows, leaving a black handprint on each and every of them. Fast as thunder, the number of black handprints increased rapidly. They were all over the place.

The handprints were surrounding him.

A ghost was surrounding him.

Sweating, Mr. Eric bit his lips hard, pain stopped his fear, he crossed his arms and took out two white thin rectangular papers from the inner pockets of his jacket. The papers had a mysterious black symbol written on them. Mr. Eric held both papers in his hands and threw them on two opposite sides. One stuck on a wall while the other stuck on a window.

"Dispel!" Mr. Eric shouted loudly. Responding to the call, two papers shone in bright light immediately, creating a huge mysterious force. The force destroyed the fingerprints and broke them into pieces. Thousands of fingerprints vanished in the air at once, leaving no traces or tracks, as if nothing had happened.

Mr. Eric stayed alert and searched around, there weren't any more fingerprints left. They were all gone.

"Darn it! The ghost has escaped. Where did he go?" Mr. Eric tried to turn his head left and right, the wind had stopped howling, there was no sign of the ghost anywhere.

"Ahhhhh!" A sudden scream came out wild, it was coming from the back. Feeling anxious, Mr. Eric turned around and hurried towards the source of the sound.

There, a girl with long hair was sitting on the ground, screaming out loudly. Mr. Eric recognized the girl, it was the one who told him the ghost rumors in the beginning. Surrounding the girl was a bunch of pinched black hands, the hands formed a circle on the floor and wiggled back and forth like worms, preventing the girl from escaping. The more the hands wiggled, the whiter the girl's face was. One black hand eventually stopped wiggling and grabbed the girl's leg. The girl shrieked in terror.

"Come, White!" shouted Mr. Eric. A soft ringing sound sliced the air, on his hand appeared a straight Chinese white sword. Two round bells were tied on the handle by a medium-sized thin rope. ​He​ ran towards the black hands. Gripping his sword hard, he swung it horizontally and sliced all the hands surrounding the girl.

"Are you alright?!" Mr. Eric asked, he kneeled down and patted the girl's shoulders. The girl was still shivering in fear.

"I'm scared..." She said, scary memories kept on flashing in her mind.

"It's alright. Don't worry, they are all gone. You're safe now." Mr. Eric hugged the girl gently and comforted her. His face went pale. Looking at the frightened girl, he started to worry.

Oh no. This is bad. It's finally getting worse.