"well, until we hear from him again, we have to try and clear his name." he raised up the letter in his hand, "right now, this letters our best bet."

"right, stay on task." JJ nodded aggressively, "that's why i love you pope."

kiara stood up, walking over to the boy and placing the joint in front of her, "what Pope are you gonna be today?"

pope looked at her and at the joint before shaking his head, "i'm good. i'm gonna try
and focus."

"good pope." kiara nodded, walking over to Bambi and taking a seat beside her, "boring pope."

Bambi noticed the way popes face saddened slightly as he turned away from them. Bambi stood up and jump down.

"come with me, pope." Bambi told the boy who looked at her confused.

"where are you going?" JJ asked the girl who had already began walking away.

"i'll be right back!" she shouted back to him, pulling pope behind a corner so she could talk to him without anyone hearing.

"why have you brought me here?" the boy asked, still confused with the girl.

"because you are kiara are driving me crazy and i can't handle it anymore." she adjusted JJ hat on her head, running a hand through her hair.

"has she said anything about me to you?" Popes eyes lit up with a hint of hope for a second, "because she's giving me nothing."

bambi could tell the boy was hurt by the girls actions. anyone would be. she was leading him on without even realising it.

she shook her head at the boy, "i'll speak to her tonight though. just don't take anything that she says to heart and don't smoke weed if you don't want too, trust me, it's cooler."

"why are you being so nice all of a sudden?" pope blinked at her slowly, "yesterday you said you would throw me out of a car."

"yeah, out of anger." she shrugged, "we all say things we don't mean out of anger."

the taller boy nodded slowly at the girl, trying to understand what exactly was going through her head to make her bring him here.

"anything else?" he asked slowly, suggesting that he wanted to go back to the group.

"hey! i was just about to give you a heartfelt speech and you want to leave me?" the brunette placed her hand on her hips.

pope raised his hands in defence, a small chuckle coming out of his mouth, "my bad."

"look, pope." bambi began, "your my best friend, kiara is my best friend. you are all my best friend and hopefully as your best friend it is my job to make sure you don't get hurt."

"is that all?" pope asked again, earning a smack on the shoulder from her.

"yes that's all but don't expect me to be nice to you ever again!" Bambi scoffed, following him as they walked back to the car.

she knew he was just joking and probably was thinking about what she said as soon as she stopped. he was sensitive, kiara needed to understand that.