Chapter eight

The day of the highly anticipated volleyball match had finally arrived.

3rd person

The mood in the 2gether 4evers locker room was electric, and the tension was palpable.

"We can do this, guys. TEAM RED 4EVER!" Win confidently shouted, and everyone hugged each other and high-fived.

The Darkest Stars were their rivals, and both teams were determined to make a statement on the court. The 2gether 4evers cheering section was on their feet, filling the air with a chorus of enthusiasm and anticipation.

Joong, their setter, took a deep breath as he prepared for the match.
He knew that this was a crucial moment for the team, and he was determined to make it count.

As the coach whistled to begin the game, Joong sprang into action. He leaped into the air, his hands outstretched, and struck the ball with all his might. The ball curved through the air, leaving a trail of applause and cheering in its wake.

The game was on, and the battle had officially begun.

2gether 4evers were ready to give it their all, and the Darkest Stars were ready to take them on.
It was going to be a heated and intense match, one that would be remembered for years to come.
With each hit of the ball, each point scored, and even every missed serve, the tension only seemed to mount.

The game went back and forth, each team fighting for their place on the court.

The game was underway, and the tension on the court was palpable. 2gether 4evers and the Darkest Stars were two of the top teams in the league, and everyone knew that this game was going to be a thriller.

2gether 4evers started off strong, their attackers finding gaps in the Darkest Star's defense and scoring points left and right. But the Darkest Stars quickly rallied, their own hitters finding their rhythm and scoring with precision. The game was neck and neck, both teams giving it their all.

The rallies were intense, with each team scoring and then losing points in quick succession. The crowds were roaring, the tension mounting with each hit of the ball. The score was neck and neck, and both teams knew that this game was far from over.

The game was nearing its climax, and 2gether 4evers realized with growing horror that they were falling behind. The Darkest Stars had managed to score 48 points, while the 4evers were still stuck at 47. The 2gether 4ever players and coaches were trying their hardest to turn the tide, but the Darkest Stars were simply too strong.

The 4evers coach called a timeout, hoping to give his players a chance to refocus and regroup. The 2gether 4ever players sat on the bench, faces set in determination. They knew that they had to do something drastic if they wanted to catch up.
They talked about their strategies because now they are unaware of the Darkest Stars techniques.

After four minutes, the gameplay resumed, and 2gether 4evers were more energized than ever. The Darkest Stars were relentless, but 2gether 4evers were able to hold their own. It was a furious battle, with each team exchanging points with lightning speed.

Win, the middle blocker for the team red, knew that this was a defining moment in the match.
The points were tied at 59, and the ball was in the air directly above him. Win was the only one on the court who was tall enough and had the ability to win the game.

"Win pass!"

Satang passed the ball to him, and Win took a deep breath, preparing for the moment.

He had trained for this all his life, and now was the time to prove it.
It's either win or lose.

With all his might, he jumped, stretching his hand as high as he could, his eyes fixed on the ball.
The crowd went silent, holding their breath, as the ball descended towards Win.

In an instant, Win's hand met the ball, and with a powerful swing, he sent it flying towards the other side of the court. The tension was palpable as the ball arced through the air, and for a split second, it seemed to hang there, suspended in time.

He had gone for the kill, but the Darkest Stars were somehow able to snatch it away. The ball arced through the air, heading towards the other side of the court, where there was no one from 2gether 4ever who could catch it.

The Darkest Stars crowd went wild, while 2gether 4evers stayed quiet.

The Darkest Stars' point was guaranteed, and the 2gether 4evers seemed powerless to stop it.

Win could only watch, heart pounding in his chest as he saw the match slipping away from them. It was a crushing feeling, one that he wasn't sure he could bear.

The game was over, and the Darkest Stars emerged victorious. The 2gether 4evers walked off the court with their spirits broken, wondering where they had gone wrong.

It was a crushing defeat, one that would haunt them for a long time to come.

As for Win, he was left to ponder on his mistake. He knew that he had given it his all. I ruined everything.

When 2gether 4evers returned to their lockers, they were still feeling the sting of defeat.

They had fought so hard, only to come up short in the end.

As they started to change out of their uniforms, they prepared themselves for the jeers and insults from the Darkest Stars.

"Shit, this was the best match I've ever played. It was fun with ya'll." Pond informed.

"Yeah, true, you guys are so talented." Bright surprisingly complimented.

The Darkest Stars came over to them, not with words of mockery but with words of praise.

"Thank you... You guys were very good, too." Win told.

Winny smiled at Satang,and he smiled back at him.

"Phuwin, you are very good at being the opposite. I like the way you play." Pond praised, making Phuwin blush.

It was a moment of unexpected kindness and sportsmanship, and 2gether 4evers were moved.

They realized that even though they hadn't won the game, they had won the respect of their opponents.

Maybe the Darkest Stars aren't that bad, after all.

Author's note:

This is the longest chapter I've written for now. hehehe 🤪🤪
Don't forget to vote, comment, drink, and take care of yourself <33