CHAPTER ELEVEN

JUDE'S POV

I walked out of our room and made my way to Alan's dorm. Three days had passed since Veronica's sentence and unfortunately, Jo hasn't recovered yet. Today, a witch from one of our branches would be here and she's going to try her best to help out. It's just like inviting another doctor to see a patient.

"Come in" I heard Alan's voice from the other side of the door. "You ready?" I asked and he gave me a nod. He was dressed in a grey oversized tee, grey cargo trousers and a Nike air Jordan1 Mid shoes.

"Alright, let's move" He walked closer to me after he'd locked his doors and wrapped his right arm round my neck.

"So...how are you holding up?" He asked and I let out a sigh before replying

"Not so good actually but I'll be fine"

"Of course you will, you're one of the strongest girls I know" I gave him a smile and we kept walking, drowning ourselves in the comfortable silence.

"I'm still bothered about Anna, you know" I said turning to Alan "It's almost a month now...three weeks have passed" Alan removed his hand from my neck and tucked his palms into his pocket.

"I'm also scared but one of us has to pretend to be strong"

"You called me strong a few seconds ago"

"And I meant it" Alan replied while I opened the door to Jo's room in the infirmary. Ryker was there as usual. His jet black hair was messy and not the good type of messy. His eyes were red and had dark circles- probably from tears or sleepless nights or even both.

"Ryker" I said giving him a tight lipped smile "Oh geez, you stink" I said when I got close to him

"How rude" Alan said and walked closer to Ryker "C'mon, let's go out and talk a bit, a little fresh air won't do you harm"

"What if Jo wakes up and I'm not here?"

"You've been saying this for the past three weeks"

"Exactly, one more day won't hurt." Ryker argued.

I let out a sigh and opened my phone camera then took his picture. "Bro, this is how you look right now. What if Jo wakes up and sees you like this?"

"Geez, I look terrible" Ryker said as he held his cheeks in his palm

"Tell me about it"
"Let's not talk about how you smell" Both Alan and I replied in unison.

Reluctantly. he walked out of the room while Alan and I settled by her bedside.

>>>

Ryker walked into the room looking way better than before. He wasn't as fresh as he was before the onset of this whole incident but he looked better than he was three hours ago. He was dressed in dark grey joggers, an oversized Chicago tee of the same shade alongside a pair of black Nike Benassi slides. He still had his silver necklace on and his hair looked nicer now, his usual messy.

"Alright guys, Aiofe is here" I heard Lilith's voice and both Alan and I stood up. Soon enough Lilith and a lady who I assumed to be Aiofe walked in.

She was a pretty woman with chest nut skin and well set white teeth that gave you the feel of seeing real diamonds when she smiled. She had waist long butterfly locs and chocolate orbs as eyes. All in all, she looked naturally gorgeous and the name if I must say is befitting.

"So, can you guys explain everything to me" Aiofe asked and Lilith nodded. She opened the first drawer of Juno's bed side table and pulled out her file.

"This is everything you need to know about her." She replied handing the file to Aiofe. Aiofe nodded her head as she scanned through the file. "This isn't much of a big deal but I need to confirm something. Who is the closest to Juno here?"