CHAPTER TEN

Third Person's POV

Jude sat on the rooftop of the women's quarters and stared onto thin air. She looked at a wood that lay on the floor with no specific purpose.
She picked the wood up and morphed it into a small iron spear with an extra pointed edge.

She let the thought of digging it onto Vera's chest soothe her but when it didn't, she let out a muffled scream that voiced her frustration and destroyed the spear. Another creation gone. Jude ran her hand through her hair that had become dry in the last two days and licked her small chapped lips.

"I finally found you" Alan said closing the door to the rooftop. Jude let out a sigh and lay her back on the floor.
"Any hope?" She asked him and he just clicked his tongue.
"She's not responding to treatment at all." He begun "From what I heard, her pulse is weak, her heartbeat is faint and her skin is getting pale."

Jude heaved a sigh and they lay side by side in the silence, drowning themselves in their individual thoughts.

"Have you heard from Anna?" Jude inquired out of the blue and once again, Alan shook his head and clicked his tongue. Jude inched towards Alan's figure and rested her head on his chest, soothing herself with his heartbeat. She lay there for a few minutes trying her best to stay strong for Jo but she couldn't. A tear made its way down her cheeks and Alan used his thumb to wipe it.

"It's alright, let it all out" He said. It was as if his words were needles that punctured her tear ducts because almost immediately, she broke down. She let her guards slide down like a silk nightdress and exposed her vulnerability to him.

"I'm so scared Alan" She said amidst sobs. "I'm scared Jo might die, I'm so scared" She let out a chain of coughs and sniffles. "I don't think I can take the pain this earth brings me, it's too much for me, Alan. It's too much" She sniffled and wiped her tears with her palm. She let out a dry laugh.

"You must think I'm so weak and dir-" Alan covered her mouth with his palm and shook his head.
"Listen to me Jude, I'm not dating you because I'm expecting you to be a perfect doll for me alright. I want to be your other half. I want you to feel free with me, to talk to me, to confide in me. I want you to cry in my embrace, to lay your heads on my shoulders and most importantly, I want you to let me in." He said now using a tissue to wipe her face. "I want you to open up to me, I want to be the hand you'd hold when you're falli-"

Jude shut him up and enveloped his lips in a kiss. She let her tongue roam freely in his mouth and their tongues played an intimate game of chase. She had initiated the kiss but Alan was fighting for dominance. He bit her bottom lip and let his hands explore her body from her neck downwards. His hands came to a halt as he wrapped his hands round her waist. Reluctantly, he pulled away from the kiss and looked at Jude in the eye.

"I love you and I promise I'd always be there for you" He said

"I love you too" Jude replied and wrapped her hands round his frame.

》》》
All eyes turned towards the door as it opened. Clad in all black, Jude walked into the room and searched the faces of the people sitting. They all had a grim look plastered on their facial features and it looked like they were robbed of their joy.

"Jude, you're here" Klaus, the head of the disciplinary committee said. "Have a seat" Jude gave him a tight lipped smile and sat on the chair he'd extended his hand to.

Klaus cleared his throat for a moment and when all eyes were on him, he began speaking.
"I trust you're well aware why we're all here. Juno Black, one of our students was assaulted by another student- Veronica Forbes. The accused alongside two other students- Chloe Damascus and Becca Anderson have dropped similar statements in order to reduce the gravity of their punishment. However, there were many witnesses and all hands point to Veronica. Since this is not a decision for me to make on my own, I want us to listen attentively as both parties narrate the incident. Veronica let's hear you out first"