CHAPTER SIX

You guys I'm really grateful.. 59views in less than a month.. not quite much but it's something I'm thankful for. Ma girl Jo is at Hendrix and this is like the beginning of the main story. Enjoy:)

"Jude?" "Jo?" We both said confusion etched in our brows. I let out a low chuckle, "We both gat a lot of explaining to do" Jude nodded in affirmation.
"Yeah." She sat on her bed and looked around "I see you already arranged your things, when did you become so dutiful and clean?" I gave her a dry smile. " When you left. Bro, I was like when next we see, I'd be better." I said sitting on the ground my legs crossed.
"I'm sorry" Jude said out of the blue.
"Huh?"
"I said I'm-"
"No, I heard what you said but why are you apologising?"
"You still do that stuff." Jude said with an eye roll before replying. "I'm sorry for not confiding in you and telling you everything. It-" I interrupted her. Again.
"Are you this dumb soulmate?" I asked letting out an exaggerated sigh. "It's obvious I didn't confide in you too. If I did, we'd probably have known we both were coming to Hendrix and all." Jude nodded biting her lip. Something was bothering her, I could tell from her body language but it was best I didn't push her.
"How about we play 'questions?' what do you think?"
"Aiit. I start" Jude replied "Why are you here? I believe you know Hendrix is not an actual school?" I nodded.
"After mum died, I had hallucinations and started hearing voices. Sometimes, it was so bad my whole being got transported to her death scene and stuff. Believe me when I say it's not a good memory. Anyway, I started having a feeling I wasn't...normal anymore" I kept quiet to catch my breath." I went mute and everyone was being a complete bonehead about it, especially Cedric" I mumbled the last part but since I didn't want to talk about that yet, I lit my face and continued talking "turns out being abnormal is useful at times, I have seven spirit friends quote unquote and they are like-" I shut up realising that I hadn't been able to communicate with them since I came and this gave me mixed feelings.
"Are you okay?" Jude asked, concern evident in her fearures and worry dripping from her words. Damn, I missed her British accent.
"Yeah, I am. Can I ask my question?" "Yeah sure"
"Alright, why are you here?"
"Well, remember when I told you we move often and don't really stay in a place for long?" She asked and I nodded. I was now sitting in a posture like I wanted to meditate just that my hands were wrapped round my ankles." So, that wasn't exactly a lie. My parents sometimes get missions on earth and the last mission took kinda long so we spent extra time." I let out an inaudible oh.
"My turn." Jude said "Who informed you about Hendrix and helped you get a room?"
"Umm, my aunt" I said casually but since Jude wanted a full answer. I added."Lucerne"
"As in Lilith's twin?" Jude asked wide eyed and I nodded. I wasn't matching her hype, well not until she said
"Lucerne is my mum"
"Fuck, you must be fucking kidding me!"
"Nah bruh, I'm hell bent serious right now" I got up, then sat down and repeated this routine for a few minutes.
"So, we are cousins?" I asked feeling sort of skeptical.
"Yeah" Jude replied with the same skepticism. But soon, the skepticism was replaced by a surge of happiness.
"No wonder we clicked at first sight" I said.
"Exactly, now we can get married" She begun bringing her hand close to my lips. In between laughter, I slapped her hand away. "Get away from me you pervted bitch." Jude pouted before shrugging. "I have a bf now, he wouldn't approve for_"
"Spill" I said. She faked a yawn.
"I'm tired now, we can talk tomorrow." I glared at her. She just shook her head adjusting her pillow. She withdrew her eye mask from her drawer
"I'll tell you tomorrow Jo."
"Soulmate promise?" She nodded.
"Soulmate promise"

* * *
I made my way to my bed, taking in everything. I was now at Hendrix- a special school for the 'abnormals', Dad was no longer close to me, For some weird reason, I missed Ro and Mandy especially. I couldn't help but wonder how much time I wasted avoiding her. I shifted on my bed, now resting on my left side so I could get a better look at Jude who stirred in her sleep and turned to face the wall as if hiding from my prying eyes. A smile made its way to my features, I never knew I would be reunited with her but I guess my luck hadn't run out completely. With that smile on my face, I slept off.