𝐨𝐧𝐞

NAYELI CLOSED HER EYES as the casket closed on her mother a single tear fell down her face as her father Pedro placed a hand on her shoulder pulling her close as if he was trying to protect her from reality

NAYELI CLOSED HER EYES as the casket closed on her mother a single tear fell down her face as her father Pedro placed a hand on her shoulder pulling her close as if he was trying to protect her from reality. It was too late for that she had already seen too much.

Walking to the car her arm looped with her father's they headed to the four door truck that held all her belongings in it. Getting inside the truck Nayeli puts on her headphones and plays her current favorite son I'm right now, Running up the hill by Kate Bush the lyrics were something she'd feel for the rest of her life.

Nayeli closed her eyes and let the lyrics take her away mentally to a space where she still had her mother with her and she wasn't moving 3,024 miles away from everyone she knew. Arriving by in Forks Washington just a day later and a few stops on the way Nayeli looked around as they drove through the small town people who recognized her fathers truck gave him a slight wave as they crossed the street. The small town of forks was exactly how she pictured it gloomy and boring.

Nayeli entered the house behind her father she looked around taking in the house photos of her were everywhere she smiled a little noticing the photo of her after she took scissors to her hair to give herself bangs like Dora.

"I'll show you your room"Pedro interrupted her thoughts Nayeli nodded following him to a large room past the living room"this was my art room which is why it's downstairs if you don't like the downstairs we can switch"

"no dad it's okay, the rooms closer to the kitchen I'll be fine"Nayeli smiled"you decorated it?"

"the best I could I didn't really know what you were int"

"it's the thought that counts"she gave him a tight lipped smile

"you also have your own bathroom so you don't have to share one with me or guests when they come over my friends Billy Black and Charlie Swan come over to watch Football with me"Nayeli nodded as she listened to her father"but if your not comfortable with that just let me know and I'll tell them we'll meet at Charlie's from now on"

"no it's fine no need to change your entire routine because I'm here now"

"just wanna make you comfortable it's a new environment for you"Nayeli shrugged