Chapter 20

Bomboclatttt Weh de caribbean people dem deh!!!!! Where's the Belize, Trinidad and Tobago, Bahamas, Barbados, Jamaica, Haiti, Cuba....The others where you attttttt!!!!

Chapter 20

Nia POV

I left the girls to look for additional clothing. I just had to step away from them for a second. I felt like shit since I had just spent half of my income on a ridiculous shirt. Like actual garbage. Like the shittiest crap. While in the city, I resolved to make amends for the shitty action by looking for a job and meeting them straight back at the mall.

So far, I was in for a treat when I saw a 'Waitress wanted' sign in the wide display of a slightly uptown restaurant. The city was for wealthy people, and God bless the few affordable stores that were available to folks like me.

God bless the few fast food establishments that still charge an arm and a leg. The city was largely made up of companies including stores, restaurants, banks, and corporations. Just as I was ready to cross the street, a loud, screeching siren threw me back onto the busy curb. I flushed, feeling slightly guilty that I had not observed the crossing street law. You glance up and down, and if the coast is clear, you cross. I was eager to get my hand on a job.

And this zeal almost cost me my life. I need to take life one step at a time. I need to be calm. I made it across the street and inside the restaurant without incident.

It didn't have a bell to notify me that a customer had arrived, which was OK with me; at least the sitting customers kept their heads in front. The reservation counter was located just to the left of the dimly lit eateries for romantic couples.

I stepped up to it. "Hello, could I talk with the manager?" I asked. "I have noticed the waitress wanted sign, and—"

"That sign should have been down two weeks ago. It's a new restaurant, so they have all of the workers already."

"Really?" I inquired, the girl lifted her brow. I honestly would have wanted to hear it from her supervisor or manager.

"Believe me, Honey." She replied, as if she could read my thoughts and knew I didn't believed her. I did not. "She is truly short-staffed, but if the inspectors pull down on her, the job wanted sign will serve as confirmation that she will hire additional employees." She went on to explain.

"Thanks." I said. I looked about the restaurant; everything looked new, and it would have been a pleasant place to work. "But you may check back next week. Everything is so crazy, and I know some of us are going to resign."

"Would you?" I inquired with curiosity.

"No. I want to, from the day I sat in that interview chair around back. But I need this job to cover my education expenses."

"Me, too." I muttered.

Her gaze softens. "There is another restaurant, which is the main competitor of this one. You may go check." She grinned.

I nodded. I paused at the restaurant, debating whether I should walk to the mall or check if the restaurant needed any employees.

I heard a knock on the window directly behind me and I grinned, assuming it was the girl calling back, but it was Kian. She waved at me. But I didn't, since I immediately began to take serious notice. She was clutching the hands of a lovely, dark-haired woman. Was she on a date? Of course, she was. Jealousy flooded my chest without cause, and I swallowed a knot that had formed in my throat.

I turned aside and began to walk towards the restaurant.

After only a minute of walking, I could hear my name being called down the curb by her. I swiftly turned around and glared at her. Her long legs ran towards me. She has such a killer appearance.

"What're you doing here?" She inquired, caressing my shoulders, but her hand did not remain there.

"I'd ask you the same thing." I mumbled.

"Why were you not in class today?" I know my query came across as authoritative and demanding, as if she owed me an answer. The sort of fucking we perform does not entitle me to her. What she did was none of my fucking concern. So why was I jelly?

Why was I jealous that she was not too long, smiling at a woman—not girl. They are usually attractive, and it makes you wonder.

"I'm on a date. My father arranged it for me."

"Will she land in your bed?"

Her gaze flashed out into the crowded city, and that was my response. I turned to go, but she grasped my hand. "Why are you here by yourself? It can be risky here."

I snarled in irritation. "Why would you care? Get back to your date." I snapped.

She sighed, shrugging aside my outburst. "Do you need help or money?" She asked.

"Are you going to sleep with me in the open?"

"I intended to offer to you. What is wrong with you, Nia?"

I glanced aside, ready to cry. "Nothing."

She went into her pocket and placed some dollars into my hands. "Don't remain till nighttime; it might be harmful." She whispered, kissing my temple gently before jogging away.

If you like this book, along with others that I write, full books is over by paid patreon. 

Also don't be shy to drop by on my free patreon.