Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Nia POV

I huffed as my anxious fingers scoured the library's account books. Textbooks were expensive, and when I heard the price of just one book, I wanted to drop out of college right away, but Madam Madeline Scarlet, the university's president/principal, told me that the library offers free textbooks; I just had to be the first to claim them before other students did, and from the looks of it, I appeared to be late because all of the important books appeared to be in the hands of students. At least I wasn't the only one on scholarship.

My sad, miserable sigh was cut short as a student approached me. She was somewhat taller than myself.

"One of the scholarship students?" She boldly inquired. Her turquoise eyes focused on the books in my hands. Gosh, it was so clear that I was hitting for a scholarship.

"Uhm..." Not because she was correct; rather, I had to answer truly.

"Do not be concerned; I am as well. I haven't had any luck. But you looked to be much ahead of me."

"Yeah..."

"My name is Janet, and I am also in accounting class; you are rather knowing, given that you have the opportunity to smell Kian Bakery's breath." She giggled.

I flushed, the jerk was so near to my face. I was too scared to recognize or even smell her breath. I felt as if my whole body had shut down.

"My name is Nia."

"We know." Her lips curved into a broad smile.

"Accounting is popular this year." I announced as my fingers resumed their search for books. She, too, started seeking. I need a job right away, and with that position comes greater money.

"You mean full of sluts and hooker. Yes, you could say that. I had no idea I was getting a handsome professor, and I don't care; all I want is to finish college and support my family."

"Me, too." I said it because it was the appropriate thing to say. She didn't appear interested in gawking at her, so it didn't make sense to engage her with it.

Kian Blakely was fucking gorgeous; she was a walking Professor Fire. What I know and will say is that she is a jerk.

"She is a jerk." I said as I brought out an accounting book. I briefly skimmed through it.

"Obviously she is. What type of instructor inquired if you were desperate. Such a narcissistic fuckface."

My lips pursed in a grin, I wanted to chuckle, but the "be fucking quiet" rules prevented me from doing so.

"Do you also see how many girls she chased out of class?"

"About twelve." I mumbled. I put the book back in the slot; it wasn't part of my curriculum or study materials. I was short two books.

Two of the most significant ones, and I had to pay Madam Scarlet a visit.

"I won't ask her any more questions, that's for sure." I murmured, feeling a faint beat rush through my cheeks as I remembered her being so near. I couldn't even look into her eyes or lips. I had the opportunity to witness God's beautiful creation but did not take advantage of it.

"Me neither." Janet muttered.

"I have to go." I said, hugging the book to my chest.

"See you tomorrow." She waved before returning her focus to the shelf.

***************

"So yet, I haven't seen the two most crucial books." I spoke to Madam Scarlet. Her dark eyes focused on the books that I placed on her enormous desk.

She was the principal and was in charge of all students receiving scholarships. Despite being responsible for us, she could only do her best. I need to ask her for a job. If I acquire a job, I can get everything I want without bothering my father. If you noticed, I always talked about my father and never my mother. I do it because I have no other alternative.

Madeline is more professional than anyone I've ever met. Her hair is constantly in a tight bun, with no strand out of place, and it shows in her daily life; how it is intact. Her slit-like eyes made her face resemble a hawk.

"Ms. Blakely can give you the last two volumes."

"For free?" I inquired.

Her bare lips raise into a grin. She does not wear makeup. And I feel she looks stunning without it. "Yes, Ms. Willis. It's free."

I breathe a sigh of relief. "And I hope this isn't too much to ask." I spoke uncomfortably, fiddling with my lips. "I was thinking you could get me a job either on campus or outside. I'll do anything." I said.

"Ms. Willis, I understand you're new around here." She cinched her jacket closer to her breast and then smoothed it down perfectly, eliminating any creases.

"But you can't be that needy around here. A lot of people will exploit your desperate situation against you."

I swallowed, remembering what happened this morning and wanting to cry. I love to cry. When things didn't go as planned, I sobbed.

"I'll inquire around. You might also ask your lecturer."

"No," I firmly stated.

Her brow wrinkled, leaving a few wrinkling lines; I can tell she does this a lot.

"She's, um...a bit..."

"Excessive. Don't worry, once you know her, you'll adore her. According to my records, she has the largest class each year. She teaches excellently." She makes lovely comments.

The class was huge because she was attractive, not because she was an accountant. Accounting was math, and math was technically the most difficult subject and curriculum in the world. Those females will regret not attending their genuine courses.

"She'll help you. Just ask."

Ask? Ask? Ask! I asked, and I came out as desperate. I know I was desperate because I had nowhere to go if I messed this up.

"Ok." I muttered, feeling tears well up in my eyes. I hastily pick up the books off the desk and rush out before she notices them fall.

Make sure to vote!

Make sure to comment your thoughts on the book so far!

Also guys my patreon just got easy, I have started using collections. Once you put subscribed over by paid patreon you will get access to vast collection of my books, without having to scroll so much on the feed page

 Once you put subscribed over by paid patreon you will get access to vast collection of my books, without having to scroll so much on the feed page