2- Chloe

.・★.・✦.✧.・✴.

.・★.・✦.✧.・✴.

I slip on my headphones and lean back against the pillow.
Olivia starts up our radio, recently reprogrammed by Miles, who has set a playlist.
Sometimes that boy can be a genius.

"Guys, this is our summer. I can feel it."
"You say that every year, Via," Charlie mutters.
"Ehy, just sleep and mind your own business!" Olivia leans over the seat and pulls off my headphones.

"Via, what the hell!" I mutter, as I try to take them back.

"Don't be unsociable." She says resolutely, as Miles puts on our favorite song and starts singing.

God how out of tune he is.

"Char, let's run away, there's still time " I close my eyes in a mock pained tone, and hear Charlie chuckle.
I reach a hand toward the back seat, and he shakes it.

"You're being dramatic. Come on, they are children! Nothing can go wrong. Dance a little, some jokes, junk food if they are annoying, and that's it!" Xander laughs, then musses my hair.

I shoo his hand away.
"Actually, I don't think you've ever dealt with kids, man," Miles shudders, "they're either extremely hyperactive human puppies, or extremely obnoxious. And they develop serious emotional addictions."

"Maybe YOU were a special child with extreme emotional addictions" chuckles Olivia. "Because I just had a weird obsession with frogs."
"Special in the sense-" he begins confused.
"Definitely not in a good way, Jackson," I say.
"Petition to throw Chloe Di Angelo into the sea" Xander raises his hand, and everyone mimics him except Charlie who is sleeping curled up in his seat, but Olivia quickly makes up for it by raising his as well.
That boy would fall asleep even on a highway.

"Assholes," I raise my middle finger and go back to sleep.

When Via shakes me violently (as always) to wake me up, we have just entered the camp parking lot.

Miles is already outside jumping around, surfboards under his arms.
Charlie yawns leaning against Xander, and the late morning sun floods my face.
I pull down my sunglasses.

We grab our bags and start up the hill, where we arrive at the camp entrance.
Miles as always runs around, helping the others with their bags and picking up flowers he finds on the way, then taking them to Olivia, who tucks them into Xander's hair.
Charlie is behind us, his green cap pulled over his dark curls.
The reception desk is a light blue house, where the camp directors are waiting for us.

"What a surprise, my favorite campers! How are you guys?" Mr. Chiron approaches us, smiling and with an obvious sunburn on his nose.

Mr. D, behind him, sighs.
"Johnson, why are you still here?" He looks at Miles
"Jackson, sir," he corrects him cheerfully.
"Yes yes, Johnson.."  He turns to Xander. "Grace, why didn't you get rid of him, by.. I don't know, leaving him in the street?"
"I wonder that, too," Xander chuckles and Miles gives him a hurt look, while Olivia teases him.
"Poor little guy, it must be hard for you-"
"Oh, shut up, Valdez" Miles interrupts her irritated.