Chap. 47 - Power Struggle

Haleth: - Would you mind explaining to me why we are here? -

The aeldari's voice was overflowing with irony. And it was no wonder, since being locked in a rustic iron cage raised ten meters high above the arena of a coliseum was definitely not his concept of comfort. Fortunately, or unfortunately, he was not the only one.

Lith: - I must admit that this was not the best idea of ​​all. -

The two Aeldari leaders, along with the rest of their troops, were now hanging in metal cages, where their eyesight allowed them to see the entire scene, although this was not pleasant at all. Just below, chained and with hundreds of heavy caliber weapons pointed at their faces, were Kurnet and the rest of the meganobles, unarmed and at the mercy of their captors. Orks like them, but whose loyalty was towards another lord.

All eyes were on the burning sands of the coliseum, both friends and enemies. A forged and poorly built metal structure, with a capacity for millions of spectators. There was not a single place available, occupied by a crowd that did not stop shouting in euphoria. And it was then that the challenger entered.

The millions of voices sounded as one when a powerful figure appeared in the arena of the coliseum

The millions of voices sounded as one when a powerful figure appeared in the arena of the coliseum. A white-haired ork whose hand did not shake, and his face showed a confidence worthy of admiration, despite the boos of the crowd. Kanan... he was ready.

------------------ A few hours before --------------------

The reunion with the warlord was a cause for joy for everyone, but unfortunately their paths had to separate once again. Kanan now had a fleet, the one that was stranded after the events of the Calixus Crusade. Hundreds of ships that were little more than scrap metal and gunpowder, but what was necessary for an Ork to happily sail through the empty oceans of space. However, time was not on their side.

Kanan had received a vision. A message from Gorko himself. They were to travel to a distant planet, one still unknown to humanity, but which Aeldari records knew as Korduar. A world lost in the most remote areas of the galaxy, even more alloyed in the Vidar Sector. A world lost in time... One where his destiny lay.

Unfortunately, the bizarre Ork ships were not able to enter the web and follow the Aeldaris frigate, but they would not simply wait for the return of their warlord.

Under Murrey's command, and with Gul'kar's knowledge, the thousands of ships loaded with countless greenskins would make their way back home. Back to where it all began. THE planet they called Hein. The holy orkoid house. One that the Aeldari simply knew as Bylhain, a world located on the left edge of the Segmentus Tempestum. A long journey without a doubt, but with a purpose of vital importance for his sacred crusade to conquer the opulent avenues of Terra.

No one understood why Kanan would embark on such a dangerous crusade with only a handful of troops. For the greenskins it was enough to mention the name of their deides and they would stop asking questions, but the doubts of the aeldaris were not calmed by that. Kanan himself even didn't know the reason why he had to go to such a place... Or he simply didn't want to say it... No one would be able to imagine it. However, when they emerged from the web their bodies shook with fear.