[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ]

[ REAL QUICK: MENTION OF DEATH, BLOOD, AND USE OF WEAPON !! ]

(Calcifer's POV)

The performances finally come to a close, as I step out of the curtains. The last performer, being a young man, walks behind the curtains and leaves. The light shines down on me, the feeling of being watched by so many eyes, many intrigued children.. It felt wonderful. I don't think I've ever felt this admired before.

I don't know how I ended up working at a circus, I could have been anything and anyone else, but I chose this as my passion.

Quite silly, honestly, but I enjoy this job. Somewhat, anyway.

"Thank you all for watching the show, we hope you enjoyed the show!" I call out, smiling as the crowd goes wild. "We appreciate all your support, thank you for being here tonight!"

As the crowd claps and cheers, my eyes fall onto that girl again. The girl with hazel eyes and black hair.. Something about her is unique. And I know it. She looks like someone I used to know, but I can't really tell who.

- ★ - ★ - ★ -

A sigh escapes my lips as I slam the door behind me. I walk over to the kitchen and grab a mug, pouring water inside from the cup pitcher I had. The occasional birds chirp outside, staring out the window, my trailer is surrounded by the trees and bushes.

The sky grows darker, the trees looking more eerie. Just the way I like it.

I grab a tea bag from the cabinet above, opening it and grabbing one. Putting one of the tea bags inside, I let the tea sink into the water. I check my watch and realize it's already ten o'clock. The show usually takes a long time, so I'm not surprised.

After I let it sink in for about three minutes, I pick up my mug and take a sip. I've managed to make this trailer my small home when I'm here. I have a small area with a tv and a couch, a coffee table sitting in the middle. The kitchen is near a window, extremely tidy. I don't usually sleep here, but I have a bed in another room just in case.

I don't really like when things are messy, but my room at my house is another story.

It's enough for me, the house I actually have is better than all this. A sudden loud knock on my door makes me flinch. I cough, choking on my tea.

"Sir?" A familiar voice calls from behind the door.

I grunt and put down my mug, grabbing my handkerchief from my pocket and whipping away the spilled tea on my lips. The man who knocked at my door was Nick, a fellow assistant of mine who works at the circus as a ticket warden.

"Coming," I say, walking towards the door. I open the door and Nick stares up at me, I can practically see the nervousness in his eyes.

He has wavy brown hair and dark amber eyes, wearing a striped red-and-white uniform that has our circus's logo, and black pants.

"I- I'm sorry, sir, I don't mean to disturb you or anything.. But I found her." Nick looks up at me and sighs. "I.. Are you sure you want to–?"

"You didn't disturb me at all, and yes, I'm one hundred percent sure," I reply. "You can't change my mind about this."

"Yes, sir." Nick nods. "Would you like me to go get her?"

"Please do." I reply, walking back to the counter where I set my mug down. Nick leaves after a moment and I wait rather impatiently, tapping my foot against the wooden floor. Finally, he returns with a girl.