CHAPTER 3

******

After the dinner, Mayor Harry called me to the library inside of the mansion. He's obviously mad of what Summer wanted. On the other hand, I'm still baffled of what happen. I wasn't suppose to be chosen like that.

Did my small changes changes something?

"How dare that girl demand something like that?!" he shouted upon arriving at the library.

I closed the door and I quietly waited for him to tell me something because that's what he always does. He will invite me to his library and he will tell me to do things for him and his family. I told you, I was  practically their servant rather than a family member.

"You, should change that girl's mind. Tell her that she should marry Warren instead of you. You can do that much, right? considering that I raise you up until now."

I don't get why he always favor Warren whe he does nothing but trouble. I don't get why he has to tell me that he raise me when he did nothing but gave me just money. He doesn't even act as my father because he despises me and I don't get that why. And I definitely don't get it why he's being mad gayong siya ang may kailangan sa Ventura group. Tss.

Instead of agreeing to his demands I handed a ledger in his table.

"What the hell is this?!"

"You should see for yourself." I said.

Because from now on, I will became stronger. I will fight this family as possible as I can in order to change what needs to be change.

Kunot ang noo at mababakas parin ang galit sa kaniyang mukha bago niya kinuha ang libro na inilapag ko kanina sa kaniyang lamesa. He opened it and scan every pages before he alarmingly look at me. I knew where he hide that ledger. Naglalaman ito ng mga tala ng kaniyang corruption sa kaniyang termino magmula nang siya'y maupo bilang punong barangay hanggang sa ngayon na siya'y isa nang alkalde.

"Saan mo ito nakuha?!" galit na tanong nito.

"Kung saan mo tinago," sagot ko.

Tumawa siya na parang nababaliw na. Tatay ko siya pero tingin ko kailangan na niyang magpatingin sa doctor. Tumatawa nang wala namang nakakatawa.

"Ano sa tingin mo ang magagawa ng ledger na 'yan ha?! Sa tingin mo ba mapapatunayan mong ako lahat ang may gawa niyan?! Ang lakas na nang loob mo!" sigaw nito bago ako sinapak sa mukha. My face turned to the other side and I taste blood on my mouth. Normally, I would have begged him to spare my life but now, I wasn't the same coward person anymore.

I faced him once again and maintain a stronger look. " Then why hide it kung wala naman palang magagawa ang ledger na 'yan?" I started to walk towards my father who has disbelief in his face. I stopped midway and kneeled in front of him.

"I will ask for forgiveness now because I will destroy this family if you choose Warren to marry Summer." I said with a serious voice.

A slapped landed on my face. "You're an ungrateful child! Matapos kitang palakihin ito ang igaganti mo sa akin?!"

Pagak akong napatawa dahil sa sinabi niya. "Yeah right I'm ungrateful." Sabi ko at dahan-dahang tumayo mula sa pagkakaluhod. "But just so you know that that ledger will bring you down for good. Tipong hindi kana makakatakbo sa susunod na eleksyon and I can make that happen."

He look threatened after I said that and for once, I think I've won against my father.

"The Ventura group will still fund your future campaigns even if I'm the one who will get engaged with her so why hesitate? The Ventura group is  already being kind to you."

Tumalikod na ako sa kaniya at palabas na sana ng library ngunit napahinto ako sa kaniyang sinabi.

" Huh! Hanggang ngayon, your grandfather still traumatizes me by having some resemblance to you. "

Tss. It's not my fault that he's afraid of grandfather.

******

Morning came, I had to prepare early to go to school. After I wore my uniform and packed my lunch I went straight to the gate.

I was walking towards the gate when the black car, where my father was pulled over beside me. He rolled down the window and with forehead creased, he glance at me.

" Just make sure that the Ventura group will still help me with my campaign." He just said before he told Kuya Don to go ahead.

Campaign... Power... that's what he always want.

Does power even make you happy?

Upon arriving at our classroom, I noticed Summer sitting in front with no one else on her side.

" Karm! Dito! " Napatingin ako kay Merquinn nang tawagin niya ako. She reserves me a seat but I mouthed her thanks and went beside Summer. Merquinn threw a me a questioning look but I just smiled to her.

"Hi! Goodmorning! " I said, wanting Summer's attention.

She slightly glance at me and her  brows furrowed upon realizing who am I. She's staring at my face for about a second before her eyes landed on my lips who has still a wound from getting punched by my father last night.

"Don't act like we know each other." Sabi niya bago bumalik ang tingin sa librong binabasa niya.

I smiled. Sungit talaga.

"How can I? E, mag classmate tayo." Sabi ko.

She sigh.

Galit kaagad eh. Right, I remember her not wanting to talk to anyone and just be by herself but now, I ought to change that. She should have many friends.

"Look, can you just mind your own business?"

See, napakasungit.

"But you're my business then, I should mind you, right?"

Her lips parted a little and her face is in disbelief. I want to laugh at her reaction but I suppress it because I am sure that any minute now, she would punch me in my face.

She was about to say something when our professor went inside of our classroom and started giving us a surprise quiz.

After our class in anatomy and physiology, we have our free cut for about 2 hours kaya napagdesisyunan namin ni Merquinn na mag meryenda sa cafeteria.

"Sungit ni  Ms. Class President 'no?" Sabi ni Merquinn habang naglalakd kami patungong cafeteria but I just laughed at that because I find Summer cute whenever she's mad.

"Tinatawa-tawa mo riyan? Ikaw na nga nasungitan kanina, ikaw pa masaya."

After she said that, I laughed even more hanggang sa sinabihan niya na akong nababaliw na.

I'm just happy to be able to see the Mad Summer again. Maybe this is really a chance, a chance to be with her again.

******

K i a z y h y u n