CHAPTER 2

******

I sigh.

Here I am again in this monstrous house. Kung may choice lang ako, hindi ako babalik sa bahay na 'to because I already knew what sufferings I have been through but I needed to still be in this house because the one who killed my wife in the future, is living here.

I sigh once again before I entered the huge gate. Upon arriving inside, I went straight to the guest house behind the huge Italian style mansion. I'm not allowed to enter inside of that mansion because my step mother said that I will  only dirty their house. Tsk.

Pagkapasok ko sa guest house, naabutan ko si Nanay Lidia na nagpa-plantsa ng mga damit. Sa bahay na 'to, siya lang ang itinuturing kong pamilya. Simula pagkabata, siya na ang tumayong magulang ko.

"Mano po," sabi ko sabay nag mano kay Nanay Lidia.

"Kaawaan ka ng diyos, anak," ngumiti lamang ako sa sinabi niya bago nag tungo sa kwarto ko.

Humilata ako sa kama paharap sa kisame. Nakatitig lamang ako rito ng matagal habang nag iisip kung anong gagawin ko. Now, that I'm back in the past, what should I do? Parang  nanonood lamang ako ng movie na dalawang beses ko nang napanood,alam ko na kung saan patungo ang buhay ko.

Summer will demand to my father to marry  me, instead of my half monster brother in exchange that her company will fund my father's campaign for the 2016 election. My father agreed on that but I decline because it doesn't feel right. I runaway from home and that's the first time I have the courage to be away from that house. I finish my nursing degree on a different university away from the city and away from them. I manage to pass the board and I became a nurse. When I was already working as a nurse in a provincial hospital in Pangasinan, that's when I saw her once again. She was fuming mad upon seeing me because before she demanded to my father that she will marry me, I told her I like her but then I runaway. She was so mad because apparently, she demanded to marry me because she likes me as well and that I should have taken responsibility of saying that I like her. Back then, I thought she did that because she got so irritated by me and she was told to do so and I don't want that. I don't want her to do things thats against her will because she has her own sexy brain. She didn't forgive me easily and I chased after her after that encounter until she gave in. I married her when she's already a successful lawyer.

Looking back, may be I shouldn't have runaway. I should have agreed as well eh  'di sana matagal na kaming kasal and maybe we had fulfilled our wish to have a beautiful home and a happy family.

Regrets is the only thing I have right now.

Isang katok sa pinto ang nagpabalik sa diwa ko. Bumangon ako sa kama at binuksan ang pinto.

"Pinatatawag ka ni Sir Harry. Sumama ka raw sa dinner nila," sabi ni nanay Lidia na may nag aalalang tingin because she knew that they will just criticize me in front of their visitors.

"Ayos lang po ako, Nanay Lidia. Mag bibihis lamang po ako tapos diretso na po ako roon."

Mahinang tumango lamang si Nanay Lidia bago umalis.

I sigh.

******

After I change in a semi-formal attire, I went straight to the dining hall. Dumaan ako sa back door ng kitchen hanggang sa makarating ako sa dining hall. They all look at me with disdain except Venice while my father only cleared his throat. I sat on the far end of the table, two chairs away from them.

"Why does that bastard have to be here every time we are having our visitor?" sabi ng step mother kong parating kumukulo ang dugo sa akin. Kasalanan ko bang ako ang naging bunga ng pangangaliwa ng asawa niya? Tsk.