☆ chapter 13

"i hate you." she wrote.

——

This section is in Ryu's perspective.

"W-what?!"

I can barely think right. Ray.. Ray caused the fire? As much as I wanted to know, I didn't want it to be Ray. Ray is.. he's a good friend. Was he trying to do it for a reason? To hurt someone? If so, who? But he had a crush on me, he definitely didn't try to hurt me. It obviously seemed as if he regretted hurting me. Was it on purpose? Or an accident? Aiden.. saved the person who started the fire.. He risked his life for the life ruiner.
      It sounds so wrong, but it's true. I can't believe this. This is the secret that he couldn't tell Aiden. This was the secret that is making Noah and Ray so awkward around each other. If Aiden knew this, they wouldn't even be friends anymore. Ray told me he could barely be happy without me around, knowing Ray could've took my life is something Aiden and myself would never forgive.

"Ryu.. Ryu? I'm sorry-- I didn't mean to.."

He wipes the tears off my cheek. I didn't even know I was crying. I was definitely zoned out.

"Sor-- Um.. How..?

I realize I was about to say sorry, obviously I stop myself. I look up at him.

"It was an accident, I swear.. Noah told me to turn off the lamp before I sleep because he was about to sleep. So.. I forgot, and it was on against wood for a long time. I was asleep, I woke up to the smell of smoke and saw a fire in our dorm, already spreading. I woke up Noah immediately and we ran out, when I looked back I didn't see Noah. I knew I had to find him.. I.. I.."

He began to tear up, I wipe his tears away. So, it was an accident, he couldn't have lied now.

"I felt bad for being saved.. He risked his-- his life for me, who started the fire.. then.. you.."

He tears up even more, i use my index finger to wipe his tears once again.

"Please don't cry-- It makes me feel bad."

"I almost ended your life.."

"Huhu. It's fine, I'm here now though. If Noah knows it's an accident, why is he so like.. distant with you?"

"I'm not sure."

...

I'm running to Aiden right now. Sorry Ray, but I have to tell him. You may love me enough to trust me, but I love Aiden even more than I have to tell him. I slow down as he got closer, I see him with Noah. Good, Noah wanted to tell him.

"Aiden, Noah!!"

"Hey!"

"Oh hi Ryu!"

He smiles at me. He always does. It makes me so comfortable. His smile will be going away pretty soon. I don't wanna make him feel worse.

"Um.. I need to tell you-- something."

Noah looks at me. He was confused.

"Should I go?"

"No, because you already know it. You know, Ray."

"Ray told you?!"

They both exclaim. I nod.

"I just wanted to comfort him about um.. The love triangle thing.. And then he told me that.."

I sigh, Aiden looks at me. He really wanted to know.

"R-ray started the fire."