CHAPTER 1

Natalya's POV

"Thank you for ordering, next person please."

I said, trying to sound cheerful despite the chaos around me. It was 2 p.m. on a busy afternoon, and the cafe was packed to the brim.

I was working twice as fast as usual, trying to keep up with the demanding lunch rush hour crowd. Mariah Velkov, my boss, wasn't one to mess with, and I didn't want to get on her bad side.

"Hello, good afternoon. Welcome to Mariah's Place, may I take your order?" I asked, not looking up from the counter.

Working at this cafe was draining, and it didn't help that I was the only employee on duty today. Everyone else had called in sick with the flu, leaving me to handle the chaos alone.

Just great, note the sarcasm.

"I'll take a black coffee, and be quick with it," a heavily accented voice commanded.

Who the hell does he think he is?! I thought.

Looking up to give this man a piece of my mind. But when I met his gaze, I was taken aback.

His piercing blue irises were the coldest I'd ever seen, and they seemed to bore into my soul. I trailed my eyes down his face, taking in his chiseled features. Midnight black curly hair, tousled in a way that made him look like he'd just rolled out of bed (but still managed to look ridiculously good).

A scar above his eyebrow, and a strong, stubbly jawline that could cut diamonds. Tattoos crept out of the collar of his pressed black shirt and onto his hands, making me wonder how far they extended. And, oh, how I wanted to strip him naked and find out.

Bad girl Natalya, my subconscious scolded. Hey, Its not my fault, I argued back. He's just so... captivating.

"When you're done ogling me, get my coffee and bring it to your boss's office," he said, turning to walk away.

"B-but sir, Mrs. Mariah doesn't take visitors at this time of day," I stammered, feeling a flush rise to my cheeks. Why the hell was I stammering?! He gave me a cold smirk that sent shivers down my spine.

"Well, I am her husband now, aren't I, Miss Vasquez?" he asked, his voice dripping with sinister intent.

"Now bring my coffee to her office." He walked away, leaving behind a trail of masculine scent that made my head spin.

And that's when it hit me - who this drop-dead handsome man was. "Oh shit, Andrei Velkov," I muttered under my breath, my heart racing with a mix of fear and excitement.

                  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡

Hi guys.
Did you like the first chapter?
This is my first book so go easy on me.

I don't know if I should make the chapters longer or leave it the way it is.
Note that longer chapters mean longer updating time.

Alsoooo... I need a cover hehe

Anywayyyy babies
Vote, Comment and share.

ILY❤️