10: Candy Crush

*This one's a little longer than the others so I'll be dividing it into 3 parts. Happy reading!

Chapter 1: Midday delights

Y/n stood behind the counter of the candy store she works in, her fingers absentmindedly tracing patterns on the polished surface as she surveyed the quiet interior of the candy shop. It was still early, and the morning rush had yet to begin, leaving her with nothing but the soft hum of the refrigerators for company.

With a sigh, she glanced out the window. Boredom gnawed at her insides, her restless energy yearning for something, anything, to break the monotony of the morning.

Just as she was beginning to resign herself to another hour of solitude, a gentle jingle filled the air, signaling the arrival of customers. Y/n's eyes lit up with anticipation as she straightened her posture, ready to greet the newcomers with a warm smile.

Her gaze fell upon a man and a young girl entering the shop, their faces alight with excitement. The little girl's eyes widened with delight at the sight of the sugary delights surrounding her, her eager fingers reaching out to touch each tempting treat.

"Hello there! Welcome to Sweet Delights," Y/n greeted, her voice infused with genuine warmth. "Looks like we have some serious candy connoisseurs in our midst today."

The man chuckled, a twinkle of amusement in his eyes as he exchanged a knowing glance with his daughter. "You could say that. We're on a mission to find the perfect sweets for a special treat tonight."

Y/n's smile widened at the challenge, her playful spirit eager to assist them on their quest. "Well, you've come to the right place. Allow me to be your candy guide. What does the little one fancy?"

Engaging the young girl in a lively conversation about her favorite flavors and colors, Y/n effortlessly charmed her with her infectious enthusiasm.

As they perused the assortment of candies together, she couldn't help but notice the fondness with which the man observed his daughter, his eyes alight with paternal affection.

With a mischievous grin, Y/n selected a few of her personal favorites and presented them to the pair, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. "These are some of our best sellers, guaranteed to satisfy even the sweetest tooth. But don't take my word for it, go ahead and give them a try!"

As the man and his daughter continued to sample the various candies, Y/n watched with a soft smile, content to simply be a part of their delightful experience.

After making their final choices, the man approached her, a grateful smile gracing his lips as he handed over the payment. Y/n rang up the purchase and packaged their candies in a neat bundle, each treat carefully arranged with precision and care.

"Thank you for visiting Sweet Delights! I hope you enjoy your treats. Come back soon!" Y/n exclaimed, her voice filled with genuine enthusiasm as she handed out the candies to the kid.

The man's smile widened as he replied, "We definitely will. Thank you for your help."

The little girl waved excitedly as they made their way towards the exit. Y/n waved back, her heart swelling with a sense of satisfaction.

As the door closed behind them, Y/n's shoulders slumped slightly, a hint of disappointment tugging at her. With a resigned sigh, she returned to her post behind the counter, the absence of customers leaving her once again to grapple with the stifling boredom that seemed to linger in the air.

Chapter 2: Candy-licious

A week had dragged by, and Y/n found herself once again behind the counter of Sweet Delights. It was the weekend, so the store was busier than usual, but not overwhelmingly so.