GIRL NEXT DOOR - TACIR ROBERSON.

starring....

𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐑 𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍
as KJ!

𓃠

"KJ!" The girl heard her name being called faintly through her headphones but initially ignored it, fully engrossed in her drawing at the computer desk.

"KJ!" Her name was called again, prompting her to roll her eyes and reluctantly pull down her headphones, turning her head towards the doorframe where her younger brother, Kaniel, stood.

"What do you want?" KJ snapped, her irritation evident on her scrunched-up face. Kaniel rolled his eyes before relaying the message.

"Mom say we have a new neighbor, and she wants us to take some banana bread over to them," the pre-teen explained. KJ let out a deep sigh, throwing a minor tantrum in her chair as her brother chuckled teasingly.

"Fine, bye," KJ replied bluntly, staring at her brother with a neutral expression. However, Kaniel continued, "But she said we have to do it now..."

Kissing her teeth in annoyance, KJ agreed, "Let me change my clothes, and I'll meet you downstairs, alright?" The boy nodded and quickly scampered off, his footsteps fading away as he left.

Relaxing back into her rolling chair, KJ leaned back slightly, allowing her to see the house next door through the window. She noticed moving boxes on the front porch and a car in the driveway, pondering what kind of neighbors they would be.

In a predominantly white neighborhood, KJ reflected on her past experiences with neighbors who hadn't been very friendly, leaving her curious about this new arrival.

As she glanced out the window, KJ also noticed the upstairs window directly across from hers, offering a clear view of the neighboring room. "Whoever designed these houses was a perv," KJ thought to herself, shaking her head before rising from her chair to open the curtains, brightening the room slightly.

Walking over to her full-length mirror, KJ took a moment to appraise her appearance. Dressed comfortably for the near end of summer with no classes to attend, she had opted for tan cargo shorts paired with a cropped black tee from her university.

She had left her shoulder-length locs in a messy bun, deciding against changing her outfit as she prepared to relax and indulge in some drawing and reading.

Slipping on her checkered Vans, KJ left her room and hurried downstairs, where she found her brother eagerly waiting near the door with the pan of banana bread, practically bouncing with excitement.