Chapter 4: Authoritative Presence of a Father

Continuation:
Evening:

As the evening draws near, Miu and Rey snuggle closer to Sid, reluctant to leave his comforting embrace. But Sid knows that it's time for them to focus on their studies.

Sid (gently, to Miu and Rey): "Beta, jaakar Dadu ke saath padho. Aaj Dad ke pith mein zyada dard ho raha hai. Main aaj nahi baith sakta tum dono ko padhane ke liye."

Miu and Rey exchange glances, their expressions reflecting their displeasure at the prospect of studying. However, knowing their father's strict nature, they reluctantly agree, albeit halfheartedly.

Miu (grumbling): "Fine, Dad."

Rey (resigned): "Yeah, fine."

Raj, sensing his son's pain, steps in to offer his assistance, volunteering to oversee Miu and Rey's studies so that Sid can rest.

Raj (reassuringly): "Don't worry, beta. I'll make sure they study properly."

It's usually Sid who takes charge of the children's studies, as his strict demeanor is the only thing that can compel Miu and Rey to focus. But today, with Sid struggling to even get out of bed, Raj recognizes the need to step in and help.

Sid (to Raj): "Dad, inhe yahin padhao. Main inke paas hoon agar kuch chahiye to."

Sid knows his mischievous children all too well and anticipates that they may give Raj a hard time if he's not nearby. With a nod of understanding, Raj settles in beside the children, ready to guide them through their studies while Sid rests, grateful for his father's unwavering support.

Raj sits down with Miu and Rey, ready to guide them through their studies. However, true to their mischievous nature, the children are more interested in causing trouble than in focusing on their lessons.

Raj (patiently): "Beta, concentrate on your studies. We need to finish this homework."

But Miu and Rey pay little heed to their grandfather's words, too wrapped up in their own antics to take studying seriously. Raj sighs in frustration, unable to scold his beloved grandchildren.

Raj (pleadingly): "Please, bachas, focus on your studies. Your Dad will be very upset if he sees you not studying."

Raj knows that Sid's strictness is the only thing that can compel Miu and Rey to buckle down and study. He worries that if the children don't start studying soon, they'll face a harsh scolding from their father.

Just then, Sid hears the commotion from his bed and intervenes sternly, his voice carrying the weight of authority.

Sid (firmly): "Agar mujhe uthkar waha aana para toh tum dono ke khair nahi. Chup chap apne Dadu ke saath padho, agar mere gusse se bachna chahte ho!"

The children, chastised by their father's stern warning, begrudgingly turn their attention to their studies, knowing that Sid's anger is not something they want to face.

Relieved, Raj watches as Miu and Rey finally settle down to study, grateful for Sid's intervention. And as the evening wears on, the sound of their pencils scratching against paper fills the room, a testament to the power of a father's discipline and love.

After the kids were done with their homework, they ran off to play. After a while, when it was time for dinner, Meera called the kids to come to the dining table.

As the family gathers around the dining table for dinner, Sid is noticeably absent. His absence provides Miu and Rey with an opportunity to indulge in their usual antics, particularly when it comes to the dreaded green vegetables.

Miu (pouting): "Dadi, I don't want to eat these vegetables. They're gross!"

Rey (echoing her sentiment): "Yeah, Dadi, I hate them too!"

Without Sid's imposing presence at the table, the children feel emboldened to voice their complaints, knowing that their grandparents will readily give in to their demands.

Raj and Meera exchange a knowing glance, amused by their grandchildren's antics but also recognizing the importance of maintaining discipline, especially in Sid's absence.

Just then, after a while, Sid slowly emerges from his room, his hand clutching his back in obvious discomfort. Despite the pain etched on his face, his mere presence commands attention and obedience from his children.

Without a word, Sid makes his way to the dining table, his deliberate movements indicating the extent of his pain. The sight of their father's suffering is enough to sober Miu and Rey, who immediately cease their complaints and sit up straight, awaiting his instructions.

Silently, Sid serves them a portion of the green vegetables, his expression stern but unwavering. And to his relief, the children obediently begin to eat, their earlier tantrums forgotten in the face of their father's authority.

Sid doesn't need words to enforce discipline; his mere presence is enough to instill obedience in his children. Though he loves them dearly, he understands the importance of maintaining boundaries and instilling good behavior.

Raj and Meera watch with amusement as the children obediently eat their vegetables, marveling at the power of Sid's silent authority. Despite their own inclination to spoil their grandchildren, they recognize and respect Sid's approach to parenting, knowing that it ultimately comes from a place of love and concern for their well-being.

If by any chance you happen to stumble upon this book, please do leave feedback and suggestions for improvement, as I am a new writer and this is my first book.