Ten

*Family Group Chat*

Bruce: *Picture of MDC and Damian dancing*

Dick: What

Dick: Is

Dick: This

Dick:!!!!!!

Tim: Am I seeing hearts in his eyes or am I just hallucinating again?

Dick: Does my Baby Bird have a crush?!

Jason: What the Hell am I witnessing right now? Has the Devil's spawn actually grown romantic feelings for a member of the human species?

Dick: Bruce! Get back here! I need context, I need names, and I better get more pictures or you won't like what I do next!

Steph: Hold up. Tim, Duke, do you see what I see?

Duke: Hold up, my brain is still frozen in shock. Mind pointing out the obvious for me while I'm reloading?

Tim: Holy SHIT!

Dick: Whoa, Timbo, watch the language. We don't want to draw Alfred's attention just yet. He knows all, and sees all, you know this.

Jason: What's freaking you out, Replacement?

Cass: Signature on the gold armlet is MDC

Tim: I JUST CHECKED THE NEWS IT'S HER!!!jsdgfdytfdytfdyj

Steph: It's Her?! Damian is dancing and making heart eyes at MDC??!!!!

Duke: I know the place is considered the City of Love or whatever but I didn't know it worked that fast

Dick: I'm serious Bruce, you better answer your phone or get me more pictures or I will take the Zeta-tube and crash that Gala!

Jason: Dude, I'm doing research on this chick and the paparazzi got picks of the Demon brat staring at her from across the red carpet

Duke: At least the paparazzi can be good for something for once

Tim: I just found out she's handing out exclusive cards for commission slots at the Gala and I now hate everyone and everything that prevented me from going to this thing

Cass: You

Steph: Cass is right, you are the one who prevented you from going. You told Bruce you couldn't go since you wanted to finish the cold case you were on

Tim: Well, since clearly none of you sympathize with me I'm going to go rant with my fellow coffee addicts on twitter. At least they understand me!

Jason: Oh great, Replacement is about to cause another PR disaster

Duke: I'll send a warning to WE

Steph: Wait, where is Dick? Is he seriously about to take the Z-Tube? That's supposed to be for emergencies only!

Duke: Nah, I just saw him walk past me, sulking. I think Alfred intercepted him

Duke: Now he has his laptop pulled out. Seems to be looking up interviews and pics from the gala since Tim won't help him. Why is he so invested in this?

Jason: Dickie Bird's been trying to set up the little gremlin for months now. Been kinda fun watching him trying to outsmart and herd the baby assassin into a date

Cass: Pics?

Jason: Saving them for blackmail, I'll show you later

Steph: Well that's not fair, I want to see them too! How come Cass gets to see them?

Jason: Because she's Cass

Duke: That checks out

________________________________________

The rest of the week was extremely productive for Marinette. Chloe had come by for her fitting the next day and they'd talked over what paperwork Marinette needed to sign, what they would say at interviews for the charity gala this Saturday, and an emotional talk that had been a long time coming for the two of them.

Apparently Chloe's mom was divorcing her father, who was trying to keep things as quiet as possible, and she had been having a hard time processing everything while watching her father's heartbreak unfold.

The only thing Chloe really knew was that she never wanted to be like her mother, something that had been hitting her hard lately.

Marinette had also given her Penny Rolling's number, the publicist having offered to mentor Chloe in how to handle the press and legal situations.

She kept in touch with Damian throughout the week, meeting up for coffee some mornings and even inviting him into her room for a quiet afternoon together, him sketching at her desk, and her designing at her mannequin.

Unknown to the young designer, Chloe and Adrien had begun texting/gossiping over her relationship(with maybe a few bets placed here and there).

It was after Chloe had announced MDC would be attending the latest charity gala at the end of the week that Marinette had begun plotting again.

Gabriel had announced he would be in attendance not long after her announcement, which caught her attention.

Gabriel almost never left his mansion, but her antagonism towards him as well as the bad press she had started was probably what was dragging him out of hiding. And if he was at the gala, it would mean the Grimoire would be unprotected for the night.

Killing two birds with one stone, Marinette smirked to herself at the thought as she continued getting ready for the night. She slipped on the multiple Miraculous she'd chosen to wear for the gala, each magically modified to fit her latest design.

It's a good thing Adrien was away for a photoshoot in London for the weekend, she thought, this way he won't be blamed when the book goes missing.