Seven

"Are you almost done, Marinette? We need to get going soon."

"Almost done Penny!"

Marinette put the finishing touches on her gown before exiting the bathroom with her mask in hand. Penny had offered to let her get ready at the hotel with them so no one would see her coming out of the bakery in MDC's dress and Marinette had happily accepted.

"Woah, that is stunning," Penny exclaimed, "people are going to be begging for you to design for them!" Marinette blushed and smiled shyly at the praise.

"Thanks, Penny. Does everything fit well?" Marinette flitted around Penny, scanning for anything she needed to fix at the last minute.

"Everything is amazing Marinette, I've never felt so amazing in a dress." Penny sincerely assured the designer.

"This is totally Rock n' Roll, little niece!" Jagged burst into the room, wearing his new suit.

Penny and Jagged had decided to match color schemes of black with dark purple lining. Both were intricate works that Marinette had enthusiastically slaved over. Penny's dress was a black silk with a glittering purple and black lace climbing past the leg slit, all the way to the neckline. Jagged had the same kind of lace along the lining of his pants, but his suit jacket was pure black with an overlay of black lace and shining black beadwork and sequins that had taken ages to finish.

Overall, they looked like a rockstar power couple, especially with Fang standing next to them with a black silk bow tie that Marinette had put on him earlier.

"Alright, if we don't get downstairs soon, we're going to be late." Penny corralled the little designer and her fiance out the door with Fang keeping pace with them in his leash.

Mayor Bourgeois had decided to host a gala for all kinds of celebrities and business people, but since the hotel's ballroom wasn't big enough he had decided to rent out another space a couple blocks away. They pulled up to the front of the building in Jagged's limo and Marinette put on her mask after seeing the amount of photographers outside.

"You ready, Little Rocker?" Jagged asked gently.

"Ready."

—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—

Damian stood next to his father on the red carpet trying to keep a blank expression that wouldn't convey how much he didn't want to be there. Father had said that everyone else was busy and no one else could come with him, and although that might have been true, he still didn't understand why father couldn't have gone by himself.

Damian withheld a sigh and swept his eyes across the people around him, not expecting for anything to catch his attention. His eyes paused on a couple that he recognized from Todd's fanboying to be Jagged Stone, and his fiance, Penny Rolling. Damian was about to continue scrutinizing his surroundings when Jagged paused and helped someone else out of the limo.

Damian narrowed his eyes as another woman stepped out. As she stepped out confidently in gleaming golden heels, Damian froze, forgetting to breathe as he took in the stunning angel standing at just the end of the row.

Her dress was pure white, but it was no bridal gown, no, this was a warrior goddess. The gown hugged her figure then hung down in loose waves with a slit up the side for increased movement. It wasn't quite the dress that caught his attention though, it was the adornments.

The shoulder pieces started at her neck and draped over each of her shoulders, cutting off in sharpened edges with chains hanging between the two pieces. The same chains also hung around her hips as a belt, accentuating her petite waist. Her white and gold mask matched the rest of her intricate ensemble perfectly. Small golden chain pieces draped over her limbs that reminded Damian of a female warrior's armor.