Sweet Violet (3)

I turned and walked out of the alley to get back home. I felt weak and my head started spinning. I couldn't feel my legs. The next thing was me crashing onto the ground and slowly losing consciousness.

It's gone. My violin's gone. All hope is gone. My life does not have a motto anymore. There is no reason left for me to stay in this world.

As I slowly opened my eyes, I saw my father standing in front of me.

I got up from my bed to greet him.

"Dad...", I muttered.

"Don't ever mention that violin again.", he snapped.

"Why?", I said, trembling.

"I broke it."

There was cold silence and hostility in his words. He never laid a finger on me yet these words teared me apart, ripping my soul.

My father was never the friendly one. He worked hard and it took him his blood, sweat and tears to have it all. Everyone respected him. But his beliefs are far away from mine. Our beliefs did not collide with each other. I was a person who considered my work as art; him taking it as a milestone.

We never understood each other. We never will.

"What...did you do?", I hesitated.

"I broke your violin.", he added.

That single sentence was enough to break me. I was tortured. My mind was empty. Without my violin, I'm empty. We filled each other's halves.

Youngsters nowadays do not understand the meaning of being in love with something that does not have a heart. My violin did not have a heart. It did not have life. Yet it made my heart flutter with euphoria and made my life worth living. My love was gone. So was my life. This loop of guilt continued... over and over. Sleepless nights continued... Colorless days continued... There was no end to this grief.

At some point, I was reminded of a floating memory. There was a garden of violets. Every time a gentle breeze went by, the violets bended and diffused their scent into the atmosphere, giving it a sweet odour. Violets, violins... I sure am quite fond of the prefix 'vio'. Talk about roads we can't set foot on.

       --The End of Sweet Violet--