Chapter 6- The announcement

Marcus woke up right before his alarm rung in his ear and jumped out of bed. He was eager to check up on Elena after what had happened the previous night.

He rushed over to his closet which was across the side of his bed and grabbed his uniform. He quickly brushed his teeth and then brushed his hair afterwards.

"Will Elena be awake by the time I get there? I hope so," he thought.

He exited the dorm room and speed-walked to the nurse's office.

He took in the scent of rubbing alcohol and cleaner before he poked into the room out of curiosity and was greeted by the nurse.

"Hello again, Marcus. Here for Elena?" The nurse asked.

Uh yeah, I am."

"She is already back to her dorm," the nurse told him.

"Already? Glad to hear she's doing better. I'll go visit her."

"Okay, be careful- she's a little cranky today."

"Got it," Marcus replied before leaving the room.

Marcus noticed Avery in the hallway getting books from her locker. "I'm pretty sure she would know where Elena's dorm room is. I know she must be friends with her. If not, then I'll ask that Pearl girl," he thought.

"Hey Avery."

She slammed her locker door. "What do you want?"

"Jeez- why are you so mad?"

"I just don't have time to talk to you. So hurry it up, please, I have to make-up a test for being sick during class."

"Do you know where Elena's dorm room is."

"You don't need to know that."

"But I do. I need to check on her and see if she's okay," Marcus replied, trying to convince Avery to tell him where Elena's dorm is.

"Ugh- it's 1D05, okay? Now I have to go."

"Okay thanks! And say hi to Tristen for me! I know you guys are close!" Marcus said as he ran off in the hallway, now heading for Elena.

———————
"Who are you?!" Elena yelled at the girl who just barged in her room.

"I'm Cassandra. Nice to meet you, it's quite a pleasure." Cassandra took her hand and shook it.

"How did you get in here?"

"It's none of your concern. Now-"

"Yes it is. It's my dorm. Now get out before I kick you out myself." Elena lit fire in the palm in her hands.

"You're too weak for that. Glad the book actually did some damage for once."

"What are you- never mind. Now go!"

"Hello, anyone in here? Elena?" Marcus said as he knocked on the door. "Dang it. I must've knocked on the wrong door..."

Elena pointed Cassandra to the closet, but she just jumped through the open window.

Elena sighed and sat on her bed hurriedly. "Um yeah, I'm in here..."