“I can do it”, she almost squealed.

No!” His voice was strict which made her gulp her words in her throat.

“But why?”, she mumbled.

“Kyunki tum gira dogi”, that's rude! Of Course, she felt bad but she didn't say anything, without arguing with him. She went outside and got seated in her place. He placed the food containers on the table and sat in front of her.

He filled her plate as she was silent. She didn't utter a word from her mouth.

“Aakriti?”A sudden voice made her break her trance. He motioned her to eat, she nodded and dug into her food.

What happened to her suddenly? A minute ago she was arguing with me and now she went all silent! He noticed her every move and how she was behaving. She was eating silently like a bird.

What happened to me? He wasn't rude to me, but I'm still feeling bad. But why am I feeling bad? He could have said nicely that He would bring the food. I know I'm clumsy but not so much that I'll drop the food. Can't he be a little firm with me? Why is he always so strict and stern? In this short time I've understood one thing he doesn't like to be a nuisance, he wants everything to be perfect, not perfect but he wants everything disciplined.  And here I am the whole cyclone.
He is disciplined, he's workaholic, and determined about his work. Opposite to me. But, still bound into this, Unexpected and Complicated marriage. Is there any future? But why am I thinking about that? I would be the last girl he would ever want. But that care I see in his eyes. Shut up, Aakriti! You're thinking too much. He has already cleared so many things before this marriage. You can't expect this all in return.

Aakriti huffed, while dealing with her racing thoughts, as she remembered something so she called him firmly,

Suniye”, he lifted his cold gaze towards her.

What?”, he asked.

“Now we can stay in separate rooms?”, he stopped chewing and his expression changed but he returned to himself in a second, and took a few sips of water. He stared at her and questioned,

“You want to stay in another room?”,

Han mtlb aap hi ne toh kaha…”, she stuttered but got cut off by his stern reply.

“Okay”,

Why does she want to stay away from me? I did something? How could she change her behavior in minutes or seconds? I never did something that could make her feel uncomfortable. Or does she not feel secure around me? Argh. I can't overthink this situation. It's better to ask her. He thought to himself.

They had their dinner silently but Abhivanth’s eyes were keenly watching Aakriti's every action. She eats like a pigeon. She pressed her lips three times while chewing. Don't know why but Abhivanth found her actions adorable. Like how cute she is. Her way of talking like a little curious kid is adorable.

Aakriti stood up and started collecting the plates, Abhivanth tried to help her but she denied it, but still, he did help her collect the plates. Aakriti kept the dishes in the basin and decided to wash them but before she could move she felt a tug on her wrist. She turned only to find her husband holding her wrist in a firm grip. Aakriti felt nervous with a closeness when his other hand moved towards her face sliding the flick from her face he asked in a low soft tone,

“What happened, Aakriti?”She was silent because she didn't understand what was going on. Why is he asking this? She shook her head.

“Why are you silent then? Did I say something?”, he asked again in the same tone.

nothing it's just…..Aapne aise kyu bola?”, first she tried to dismiss the topic but suddenly didn't know what came to her mind. She asked him.

“Kya bola Maine?” he asked, feeling confused.

“Ki mai khana gira dungi”, she mumbled in a low voice which made him baffled, he blinked his eyes understanding her sentence. Did she feel bad about that?

“Aakriti?”, he called her like he wanted to know more.

I know I'm clumsy, but why are you always so strict around me? You always scold me…in the car also you yel..yelled at me”, While saying this the baby started crying. How much she cries, dude. Abhivanth taught himself because he didn't think that his words were so harsh on her.

“But princess, I said it unintentionally”, he tried to defend himself. That princess' word always did something to her. She felt nice.

“Always?”, she questioned, in a bit of a cocky tone. Abhivanth raised his eyebrows feeling perplexed.

“Okay, I'm sorry”, his voice was firm and he wiped the strained tears from her face. How did I get this baby God?  She nodded and moved aside while turning the tap on.

“Do you need help?”, he asked.

“Nahi”, she replied in a patient voice. He wanted to continue the talk but he didn't know what to say so he started with,

“from when your college is starting?”, he asked when she was washing the dishes.

The day after tomorrow”, she answered.

“Okay”, he peered.
_________

“Listen, sleep here today, I'll tell someone to arrange your room tomorrow”, he growled.

“Hmm, thik hai”, she replied.

If you're not comfortable I can stay..”,

“Not needed, aisa kuch nahi hai. I'll be just back”, saying that she went to change.

Abhivanth arranged the bed, and while making a wall between them a smile crept on his face remembering how she destroyed the wall between them and cuddled him like a koala.
But it vanished when he realized that it wouldn't be the same from tomorrow.

You're bad Aakriti! Why do you want to stay away from me? If you want I'll sleep on the couch, floor wherever you want but not in different rooms. He sighed with an annoyed expression. When he lifted his gaze when he found her. She changed into simple clothes. A kurta and Pajama. How can someone be simple but still the most beautiful thing in the universe?

They both didn't share a single word, Abhivanth was in his thoughts remembering how he met her for the first time.
Aakriti switched off the lights and lay down beside him.
Abhivanth kept his hand behind his head while lying down, and gazed at the ceiling remembering their first meet.

A small smile crept on his face remembering the incident that took place two months back and he found himself falling for her every passing second he spent with her. I want to always stay by her side so close that no one can think to come between us. I don't know how. But I'm surprised that why am I suddenly feeling so different. He was in his thoughts when he felt one arm around himself, we all know who it is.

He opened his arm giving her more space, she kept her head on his bicep, and a beautiful smile appeared on his face. He caressed her head lovingly and kissed her forehead before removing the pillow to not feel her discomfort.
__________

Hii butterflies here is another update I hope you liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment.
And I'm trying to write big chapters so that I can cover many things in one chapter. So yeahh

With all love Lekhika ❤️