~6.

|| Author's Pov||

“Mai keh rahi hu na aap so jaiye yaha”, 

“Aur main bhi yahi keh raha hu ki zarurat nahi hai, I'm comfortable there”, he stated while pulling the quilt from her hold.

“I know you're not comfortable there, aap yaha so jaiye mai waha so jaati hu”, she stated while snatching a pillow from him.

“Aakriti, there is no need for this I'm comfortable there”, he said.

“Aap kyu nahi samajh rahe ho meri baat!
Mai nahi chahti meri wajah se aapko taklif ho!" she stated and again pulled the quilt from him.

“Aap itna sochti hai mere baare me?”, he questioned her, with raised eyebrows. She opened her mouth to say something but before he spoke, 

“Aap koi takleef nahi de rahi hai mujhe.so jao tum, I'll sleep here”, 

“Nahi! I'll not let you sleep there”, she fumed, stomping her feet angrily, she took two pillows and made a wall in the middle of the bed.

“What's this?”, he asked while looking at her with a questioning gaze.

“Which side?”, she turned towards him and asked.

“There is no need for this Aakriti, You don't have to do this…”, he tried to explain to her but before he could complete she said,

I TRUST YOU”, his words left in his throat and he stared at her with a stunned expression. He kept staring at her until she called him out,

Please, I don't want you to sleep there. I know you're not comfortable there”, she said with a hint of guilt. He exaggerated a deep sigh and nodded.

She walked past him so closely that he felt her intoxicating fragrance traveling through his nostrils, making his heart beat vigorously. His eyes followed her steps and She walked towards the other side of the bed, his eyes still hadn't left her where she sat there silently adjusting the wall of the pillow neatly.

Her eyelids finally went towards him and she gazed at him nervously, she bit her lips nervously feeling his constant gaze on her.

“You can sleep here”, breaking the silence between them she spoke, his trance broke he hummed and walked towards another side of the bed. But before lying down he realized one important thing and he called her,

“Aakriti?” His voice was husky which made her intimidated by him, her head turned towards him and she hummed to him to continue.

“I wanted to talk to you”, she nodded looking in his direction, and sat supporting her back by headrest, she was waiting for him to continue but his gaze again remained silent on her face. Finally, when he realized it he cleared his throat and asked her  the most unexpected question,

“You don't want any gift from me?” he asked, looking straight into her eyes.

“What gift?”, she asked innocently, blinking his eyes.

Everyone gave you something including Aarav and Ruhani, You don't expect any gift from me”, he wasn't sure that whatever answer he was trying to find would he get it or not. But whatever was going on inside his heart and mind wasn't leaving him at peace, he had never felt this strange feeling for someone, when he knew he didn't have the right to keep expectations but still hoping for the answer which he was expecting from her.

“Why would I ?... I mean Why should I expect a gift from you?”, she asked without understanding his words. 

“You're not angry with me ?”, he asked with impatience lingering in his tone.

“Why would I? When I know it's not a Real Marriage it will end after some months”, she replied nonchalantly and he felt a pang in his heart.

Ok”, he replied sternly while getting up from the bed, without sharing a word he went inside the washroom, he felt something breaking inside him he opened the tap of the basin and washed his face with fresh water.

As he closed his eyes,

A girl in a pink dress appeared in front of his eyes, whom he had met two months back.

The continuous flickering of her eyes, feelings hesitate while trying to look at his side, who seemed a scared kitten in front of him, a 5’3 feet height baby girl who was barely reaching his shoulder.

Real marriage? A sarcastic chuckle left his mouth as he opened his eyes looking into the mirror. So you don't consider this anything? It's alright I can't force you either, to feel the same way I feel.

The day those beautiful green eyes appeared in front of me, they'd already played with my heart and soul, Aakriti! Now, It's not just about attraction or likeness it's more than that for me when I tied that thread of purity around your neck. When we made promises of seven lives together, that wasn't fake for me. 

I wanted to ask you about giving a chance to our marriage but now I don't think I'll get the same efforts from your side. I'm not stupid who'll give a marriage proposal to any random girl whom I met a few months or days back. Whatever happened which led us to this it wasn't either your fault or mine, but I believe destiny has led us to this.

If it wasn't meant to be, then I think we would have never met like this.

“It's silly of you to think that I'll let you go away from me.” 

he thought to himself and wiping his face with the towel he went out.

Where he found his beautiful wife had already slept hugging a pillow like a koala, how much he wanted to replace that pillow with himself. He walked closer to her and sat there before confirming that she had slept or not. 

He again took her sleeping pictures Until he got satisfied, kissing her forehead he switched off the lights and laid down beside her maintaining the safe distance between them.

The sleep consumed him with no time, but all his peaceful sleep was disturbed when he felt a movement beside her and the next moment his quilt was snatched from him making him groan, he looked at her side and saw that the wall between them had been destroyed by her and she has shifted all towards his side. He looked at her with his sleepy eyes and noticed that the other side of the bed had more space, he took another quilt from the floor and again created a safe wall between them, he laid down but after some, he felt snacking arms around him and only see his wife cuddling him, which took his breath away, his expression softened looking at her sleeping figure, pouty lips, small hairs falling on her face, changing expression every other second and slow snoring, the sight in front him is enough to make someone go insane. Till now he haven't touched her a bit, but when she snuggled more into his chest his one arm wrapped around her waist.

It would be a lie if he said he did not like this, though he loved it.

“You think I'll let you go away from me? Not in this life, Princess.”,

He whispered and kissed her forehead one more time before pulling her closer to him.

That night was the first time they slept in each other's arms, but who knows that they'd already bound to each other till eternity. 

What changes in a person when they're in love?”

And the answer is simple, “everything!”.

When their every little thing, when their every little effort, action, or even words starts affecting you understand that you've trapped yourself in a deep shit. 

First, it starts with eyes then it becomes attraction which leads to longing and then it ends with love, which can either create a beautiful tale of love or a destruction of hearts and souls.

_____

Hello lovelies please tell me how was the chapter.
And don't forget to vote and comment.

With all love lekhika❤️✨