~2.

|| AAKRITI'S POV||

Should I ask him?

I can ask Shobha Aunty (his mother) or I can call Ruhanika (his cousin's sister). But it is already too late. What if they believe I'm so foolish that I don't know how to handle these situations? It's solely about hairpins, correct? I can ask him to help me, but what if he also doesn't know what to do? Please let me ask him first. I scolded myself.

I took a big breath and walked out of the wardrobe; he was sitting on the couch, browsing something on his phone. I don't think he noticed me till now. I cleared my throat to get his attention, but he didn't appear disturbed; he didn't hear me.

Finally, I tried to call him.

He glanced in my direction and narrowed his eyes.

"What happened?", He enquired

I timidly said, "Can...can you please help me to remove these hairpins?" He seemed to soften his expression from before. He gave me a nod and motioned for me to step forward. I approached the bed cautiously, and he motioned for me to take a seat on its edge.

I gulped down my saliva when I saw him standing behind me as I reluctantly took a seat. I could feel his warmth around me because we were so close. He started taking hair pins out of my hair very slowly, so I downcast myself and said nothing. I did not get hurt once because he was taking out each hairpin with such care. However, I sensed that he was stopping, and since I was uneasy once more, I asked him if it was done. He replied, "No."

He took out every hairpin from my hair in a split second and gave my hair a gentle pat.

With a mumbled "thank you," I turned to face him and dashed into the dressing room. Opening my suitcase as soon as I got inside, I took out a pair of kurta and plazo. I put on those cozy clothes after getting dressed, gave my hair a little wave, and created a loose braid.

I went outside after putting on my slippers, which I had packed in my suitcase. To my surprise, he wasn't sleeping instead he was cleaning the bed and taking off the decorations, even though I had assumed he would have fallen asleep. But he wasn't, I glanced at him and remained silent for a moment before his eyes met mine and he asked me to go to sleep there. I was hoping to get an assurance from him that he would be comfortable sleeping on the couch, but neither I asked nor he answered. I walked over to the bed and laid down. To ensure that I get up early tomorrow, I set an alarm. I want to avoid embarrassing myself by sleeping like a sloth because I know I am a heavy sleeper.

After placing my phone next to the headrest, I lay down. He was not sleeping instead, he was staring vacantly at the ceiling. Why is he staring that way? Is there anything in his mind? Is he not feeling drowsy?

"Don't stare like that, So Jao", I was staring when I heard his icy voice, I quickly covered myself in comforters and tightly closed my eyes after hearing him. Though I did not open my eyes, I heard his chuckle. I don't know when sleep took over me and I fell asleep.

🤡

I heard a ringing sound of something and I raked my hands on the bed only to snooze it for the nth time. I rubbed my eyes slightly and again slept for five minutes when the alarm rang again, making me groan. I took my phone and saw the time and it was showing 8:30 in the morning. Wtf 8:30!!! I was sleeping this long. I abruptly threw my comforter and woke up, before walking, sorry, running towards the bathroom, I hit my leg on the edge of the bed, and I winced so badly that I sat on the bed while rubbing my knee. Why does this happen to me only? I hate myself for my clumsiness.😭😭 It was hurting so bad that it made me cry. I was wincing when I heard footsteps and I turned my teary gaze towards the door. I tried to stand up but it hurt so badly. Again I sat down while rubbing my knee.