Mystery crush

Another beautiful day in smiling valley.

On this day in this house in this valley, Catnap had invited his bff Dogday over to discuss something important, so they were both sitting on the couch and drinking some peach tea.

"So catnap, what did you wanna talk about? Dogday asks, smiling.

Nap was nervous, shuffling and wringing his tail.
'Um... I have a bit of an... issue.. that I need to discuss with someone, and...'
He smiles gently. 'Since you're my closest friend, I thought I'd come to you.'

Day smiles. "Aww, thanks nap. That means a lot."

He then looks into Nap's eyes. "So what's wrong?"

Nap gets more nervous.
'Well, it's something that I've been dealing with for a while and... after I tell you I...'

He sighs.
'I just hope you won't think of me negatively.'

Dogday looks a little nervous, but nods. "O-okay...?"

Catnap scoots a bit further away, looking at the floor.
"I... Ihvrsnnhrgy." he mumbles.

Day tilts his head. "What was that?"

Catnap lifts his head a bit. "I said I... Ihvrsnnhrgy."

Day giggles a bit. "Still can't hear ya."

Nap sighs, looking him in the eye before whispering as loud as he could,

"I have a crush on another guy!"

Day processes this for a minute before saying. "Ohhh."

He then smiles. "Hehe, That's all?" he says happily.

Catnap's eyes widened.
"Y-you're not upset...?"

Day shakes his head. "Why would I be upset?"

Catnap looks down. 'Well, I'm also a guy...' he signs. 'It isn't natural...'

Day gently puts a hand on his shoulder. "Nap, who am I to say what is and isn't natural in this crazy world...?"

Catnap looks at him, smiling a little.

Day smiles back. "Besides, you're my best friend, I don't care who you have a crush on. Guy, Girl, inanimate object, whatever." He says gently. "As long as they make you happy, Naps."

Catnap smiles fully, hugging him.
"T-thank you...."

Day smiles, hugging back. "You're welcome bud."

Nap nuzzles his shoulder. "I was worried you were gonna be upset, or yell at me, or even kick me out of the group..."

Day strokes his back gently. "Aww, Nappy..." he says gently. "It's all okay, I wouldn't do that."

Nap hugs him tighter. "Y-you won't tell a-anyone else right?"

Day nods. "Cross my heart." He says. "You should tell them when you feel ready."

Catnap squeaks happily.
"Thank you day!" He whispers. "How did I end up with a friend as wonderful as you..."

Day giggles. "It's what fate decided I guess."

Catnap nods. "Fate is kind... sometimes..." he whispers.

After a minute or two, catnap pulls back. "Thanks again..." he says with a sweet smile.

Day nods. "No problem." He says.

He then laughs. "You know, when you said I'd think of you negatively, I was kinda worried you were gonna say that you KILLED someone."