Someone just like you

It was a lovely cloud-free night in smiling valley, and the eight small critters were camping outside Dogday's house, sitting around a fire and eating marshmallows.

"So, anyone got any good stories?" Kickin asks. "Dogday, how about you?" He says, looking at him.

Dogday thinks for a bit, then smiles.
"I could tell you about my first girlfriend." He says with a smirk.

Everyone 'oooh~'s, curious.
"Yeah! Tell us!" Kickin says.

Day giggles. "Alright." He says, scooting forward.

"Her name was Kitty dreams." He starts.

Catnap flinches, choking on a marshmallow.

Day looks over to him. "Woah nap, you ok?" He says.

Catnap coughs a bit before gulping. "I-I'm fine." He whispers, coughing more. "Continue." He chokes out.

Day giggles. "Ok, if you say so." He says.

He looks up again. "So, Kitty dreams." He says, smiling. "She was a beautiful young cat girl, with pretty, shiny green fur and the most gorgeous smile." he says, sighing dreamily.

"Where did you meet her?" Crafty asks.

"We met in 7th grade." He starts. "She was the new girl in class, and I could tell she was pretty shy and nervous. So I decided to go talk to her."
He smiles. "She was a little scared, but when I was nice to her, she warmed up to me pretty quickly." He says.

"Over the next few weeks or so we hung out more, getting to know each other and becoming friends... but it was pretty clear we were meant to be even more..." he says happily.

He smiles.
"So we fell in love."

Everyone 'awww's.

Day giggles. "We used to hold hands, cuddle until I fell asleep in her arms, kiss until our lips almost fell off, go on so many dates, ugh, she was the best, man!" He says happily. "And she always used to call me her 'sunflower'."

"Aww!" Crafty goes. "That's adorable!"

Dogday nods, then sighs dreamily again. "But the most unique thing about her was that she had a crescent moon shaped fur mark on the back of her neck."

Everyone 'oooh's.

Then Day's smile fades, and his tail stops wagging.

"But then... one day.. she had to move away..." he says sadly.

Everyone except for Catnap looked sad.

"So, on the day her family had to leave, we said our goodbyes, kissed one last time..." he sighs.
"And then I never saw her again."

He almost tears up. "Over the next few months we kept in contact through emails, but one day she just stopped responding." He said. "Haven't heard from her since..."

Everyone was silent.

"Wow..." Bobby says. "Did you ever try to find her?"

Day nods. "Yeah, but all traces of her seemed to have vanished." He said. "It's like she disappeared off the face of the planet."

Bobby almost cries. "Gee... I'm sorry you lost her..."

Day smiles sadly. "It's okay..." he says. "Maybe I'll find her again one day..."

Everyone smiles sadly as well.

Catnap however, looked shell shocked.

Day noticed this. "Hey naps? You alright?" He asked, causing everyone to look at him.