You are my sunshine

It was a crystal clear night in smiling valley, and there were two little smiling critters sitting together under their favorite tree. The orange canine and lilac feline, Dogday and Catnap.

The two had been looking at the stars, pointing out constellations in the twinkling sky.

"Hey Nap?" Day suddenly asks. Nap looks over at him, curious.

"I... I wanna ask you something."
Day said, nervously scratching his neck.

Nap smiled. 'Ok, ask away.' He signed.

Day nodded. "Right."
He takes a deep breath before looking nap in the eyes.
"Naps... you know that you're amazing right?"

Naps blushes and smiles, swatting the air. 'Oh stop it you.'

Day laughed. "I'm serious!" He nuzzles his cheek. "You're sweet, you're loyal, and you're always there when I need you..." he says.

"And, just being near you makes me feel happy..." he says, putting a hand over his heart.

Nap gently licks his cheek. 'Oh day, you spoil me.'
Day giggles. "I know I do."

He then scoots a little closer.
"I guess what I'm trying to say is... you're my best friend in the whole world, and I love you to death..." he says. "And I wanna spend our whole lives together."

He takes a deep breath. "So... Catnap..."

He shifts from his sitting position to get on one knee, gently taking Nap's hand in his own.

"Will you marry me...?"

Nap was stunned.

For a few moments, Nap was completely still, speechless as to what his lover had just asked.
This made Day nervous...

Then, Nap began to nod.

"Yes..."

He said with his rarely-used voice, before immediately tackle-hugging Day, making him fall over onto his back.

"Yes, a hundred times yes..." he whispers, starting to cry.

Day lets out a sigh of relief, hugging Nap tightly. "Oh thank you, thank you!" He says, nuzzling his shoulder. "I was scared you'd say no..."

Nap purrs. "Why would I say no?"
He whispers.

Day giggles. "I don't know..."

Nap giggles too. "Silly puppy..." he whispers before taking Day's face in his hand, kissing him softly.

The two now betrothed smiling critters were as happy as two smiling critters could be as the stars twinkled above them.