01/ Instinct

(Liliths POV)
6:00 a.m. 

The alarm started ringing, as usual, vibrating in our head.
Although , this morning will be this last.
I woke up almost immediately, and widely opened my eyes as I received a chill down my back. I quickly stretched and proceeded to turn off the annoying sound.
I turned around to wake up Melanie, just to realize she was also awake, staring at the ceiling , without blinking once.
We sat in silence for a while .
"How are you?" I whispered with a shaking voice. The answer was clear to me, but I still wanted to discuss it a little bit.
Her eyes switched from the ceiling to mine, those big emerald eyes burned into me,I couldn't feel her soul anymore.

"I'll feel a lot better in a bunch of hours, don't worry".  She sat and immediately fixed her short black hair with her fingers, hopped off the bed and directed herself to the bathroom, and I followed her.

7:30 a.m.

We're ready. I take one last look at our house. I thought I was going to feel something in this moment, some sort of affection for this place , but I feel nothing.
Melanie grabs my hand and gives me one last look of comfort. We still had each other.

"Come back home right after school, we're going to visit Uncle this afternoon!" Our mom announced from the kitchen loudly. I sighed.
I've never liked visiting relatives, neither did my sister.
We left home and started walking to the bus stop, out steps becoming faster and heavier each one we took.
We were supposed to feel fear, melancholy. Instead , a little smile appeared on our faces, that turned into a light laugh , impatient to reach our destinations.
We chose the forest.
Since we were little we never enjoyed other kid's company, and would've rather  played by ourself in this woods, looking for creatures , herbs and crystals by the river. It gave us comfort and I could say it's the closest feeling of home we ever had.

So there we are, by the river, sitting down and enjoying the sun rays hugging us this morning.

"C'mon let's not waste time" I grabbed the backpack and estracted the result of different pills we crashed some days ago. I got the water aswell. I mixed the two things and looked at it for a minute.
"I'm glad we're doing this together."
Melanie pronounced giving me a big smile.
I smiled back.

"This is the best choice we could do, Mel. We don't belong here, and we've come far enough in life to realize there's no place for us in here.
I hope to find you in another life time"

I replied. Then I started sipping, and so did she.

We laid on the soft fresh grass holding hands.
My head feeling dizzy and light, and my vision slowly bluring.

Mel held my hand tight and closed her eyes, and so did I.

I'm ready for it to end.