quattordici // chapter fourteen

Start from the beginning

They all gathered around their friend who sat on a bench, the ginger female bent over to stand face to face with him. "Kaidou, what's wrong!? Are you sick??"

"Yes.. just a bit seasick..."

Yumehara ran off. "I'll go get you some medicine."

Mera wasn't too far behind. "I'll go get you some food, too!"

'I know she's a foodie and all, but damn.'

"Oh, please do!" Kuboyasu took Kaidou's side while the other two scrambled to find what they were looking for.

Eventually, it was concluded that there wasn't any medicine they could find to help Kaidou. Instead, Yumehara opted for taking the male to a bedroom to lay down for the time being. From then on, everything began to go downhill. They found Mera in the pantry around what was left of the food stocked for them. Literally had to tie the girl down just to keep her from eating the cans.

"Then what the fuck do we do with no food?" Asher rubbed at the top of his head, turning to Saiki. "Saiki?" The same twist that came to Kaidou's face had somehow found its way to the pink haired male, as well as the heavy panting. "Saiki!? Are you good!?" Before he could fall over, the brunette rushed over to his side to hold him upright.

"I think Saiki's seasick, too."

"No, it's not as simple as that," the ill male urged. "I suddenly got a headache and wanted to throw up. This is no seasickness."

"It's seasickness!"

"I'll feel better after I get a little air."

"That's seasickness!!"

"You can hardly stand by yourself, no way in hell am I letting you outside," Asher grumbled.

"I- I can take him to rest in a nearby bedroom!" Teruhashi offered swiftly, taking advantage if the situation while she could. The brunette glared at her, just for a moment, before turning him and Saiki away.

"I got him. I'm not sure you'd be able to help him much, anyway," he backhandedly insulted her, unable to hold back his salty attitude towards her. He was still a bit upset about being here in general.

They got to a bedroom and Asher tucked him under the bedsheet, worry knitting his eyes together. "I didn't think you were able to get sick like this..."

'I'm still human.'

"Shit.. this is the worst...". He grumbled angrily to himself, assuming Saiki was asleep from how long his eyes have been closed. He began to pull his hairpins out, not wanting them to disturb his rest. However, as soon as the first was tugged from his head, the boat began to rock under his feet. "What's happening—!?"

Unable to keep himself steady, he moved along with the rocking of the boat and the crashing and breaking that made noise around them. Before he could help it, his head rammed into the nearest solid object. "Agh– f, fuu—" He fell onto the floor, and the world went dark before he could stop it.

• ——— •

The sound of waves crashing together and leaves blowing in the wind awoke Asher, a throb pounding at his head and his left leg. He couldn't stop the groan that tore through his throat as ge realized the pain he was in.

"Oh, thank god, he's alive..!"

He blinked his eyes open, trying to get used to the brightness of the moon that was high in the sky. "'Course I'm not dead.." he muttered, looking up to whatever began to block him from the light. "Saiki. Feeling okay?"