The First Day pt.1

The school was huge and colorful, nothing like the little private school with the dark and navy-blue uniforms, bland white hallways and classrooms devoid of any color or imagination. This school was covered in reds and whites, blues and greens, each classroom decorated in different and unique styles. It was almost overwhelming. Jay led me to the office and sat me down as he got our paperwork and schedules all set.

          "Okay so I made sure you had your headphones, Pan, and some fidget toys in your bag along with lots of colored highlighters and pens. Remember if you need me ill be a call away, just let your teacher know alright squirt?" Jay says as he walks me to my first period class. "Promise?" I ask, the anxiety clear in my voice. Jay takes my headphones out of my bag and turns them on, slipping them on my head. "I promise, cross my heart." He says taking my hand and leading me into the class.

(Pan {my favorite animal})

          "Welcome you must be Mr

          "Welcome you must be Mr. Mezzanotte and Mr. Frelser, I'm Ms. Joy." A woman with a black dinosaur dress and mini toy dinosaur earrings greets us. "Yes, hello, I'm Jayden, this is Axel." Jay shakes her hand while I stand still mesmerized by her earrings. A soft giggle wakes me from my state as I see the lady and Jay looking down at me. I hide behind Jay worried I did something wrong. "No need to be scared little one, do you like dinosaurs too?" She asks getting down on my level. I give her a small nod, slowly moving out from behind Jay.

(the dress)

"Don't you worry Jayden, Axel's teachers will take good care of him

"Don't you worry Jayden, Axel's teachers will take good care of him." "Thank you Ms. Joy I hope his other teachers are as great as you. Ill see you at lunch okay bud?" Jay says hugging me. I nod and watch as Jay left for his first period class. Ms. Joy clapped her hands gathering everyone's attention. "Alright little ones! May I have everyone's attention please! I am Ms. Joy and I shall be your homeroom, English, and science teacher. Now let's start with seating arrangements!"

          The classes went by fast. Ms. Joy was super nice and let me sit in the seat closest to the window. The bell rang and we all walked to the cafeteria. "Jayjay!" I yell, running across the cafeteria to my best friend. "Hey there Squirt, how was class?" He says, picking me up. "Good! Ms. Joy is super nice! She let me sit in the quiet tent when it was group study!" "That's awesome bug, hey these are my new friends, max, Ashton, and Jaxson. Can you say hi?" I turn to see three guys standing with Jay I didn't notice before. "Hello..."

Heyo! So sorry for being missing for a bit! Got a new job and its making me work closing shift so I've been trying to function properly being autistic with late night work is hard!

Thought i might pop in and explain a couple things here! This book is modeled after my life, specifically Axel being modeled after me (ik original right?). I'm a Trans little who has ADHD, ASD, and PTSD. Got the trifecta! Basically, the reason i point out the highlighters in this chapter is because due to ADHD some people struggle with reading and comprehension, in school i found that highlighting my work as i read, or each line a separate color helped me focus on which line i was on. It helped immensely in English class for YEARS. I also would like to point out Axel struggles with interacting with new people, and becomes extremely overwhelmed when in crowded areas, as i do, and sits by the window to avoid feeling surrounded and crowded.

Hope yall have a good day, ill definitely try my best to keep working on this book as often as possible