"i mean, in all seriousness," brooklyn started. "realizing that i did truly want to take a shot at a real relationship was an awesome feeling." she explained.

"and i can confidently say that i've never been happier than my current stage of life." brooklyn added, causing a small "aw" to come from shayne.

"i completely agree." he said.

"and now, this means a lot because, shayne, you aren't very public about your relationships." amanda said.

shayne nodded. "going into this, i knew that brooklyn really liked sharing stuff online so it was something we had to talk about to make sure everyone's comfort was accounted for."

"however, if shayne had said 'please do not share our relationship online' then i totally would have respected that." brooklyn said.

"we're just good like that." shayne joked, giving brooklyn a high five.

"and we have been keeping some things private in the sense that, yeah, i post cute pictures sometimes but that doesn't mean we're open to sharing everything." brooklyn explained.

"yeah, i totally understand." amanda said. "you have every right to as much privacy as you want."

"i did have make an executive decision and take a step back from twitter because there were a lot of invasive questions and just a bunch of weird people who were mad at me for being with shayne." brooklyn said.

shayne nodded. "i feel like, just be grateful for what we choose to share."

"exactly." amanda smiled. 

"i would like to add that brooklyn is a bit of a troll." shayne said.

brooklyn let out a gasp. "this is slander."

"admit it, you had fun confusing people when we first got to know each other." shayne laughed.

brooklyn shook her head and smiled. "i would never."

amanda snorted. "okay."

"fine." brooklyn laughed. "but can you blame me? people are so fun."

the conversation died down so amanda transitioned into a new topic. "so how's the listening to new music going, shayne?"

"funny you mention that," he began. "i decided that instead of picking an artist or an album, the other day i switched it up and played a random playlist." he explained.

"you know the song 'head over heels' by tears for fears?" shayne asked.

amanda nodded and shayne continued. "i immediately fell in love with it. i mean, i had heard it before, obviously, but it got so stuck in my head."

"maybe it's a sign." amanda said, using her head to point to brooklyn.

a confused but ammused look grew on brooklyn's face. "isn't that song about the person he is in love with not liking him back or something?"

"i think it's more of like him putting his heart on the line and hoping it doesn't get broken." shayne said.

"see! a sign!" amanda exclaimed. "you both weren't looking for a relationship but then you waltzed into eachother's lives and you don't want a broken heart."

brooklyn smiled. "more like shoved into our lives."

both shayne and brooklyn smirked towards amanda.

"okay, yeah, i'll admit i was a bit persistent back in september-october, but look where it got us."

"i'll forever be grateful, manda." brooklyn said.