chapter six

HEAD OVER HEELS
SHAYNE TOPP

CHAPTER SIX
"IF YOU SEE THIS, SEND ME A DM"

°°°

BROOKLYN was curled up on her couch, jotting thoughts down into a journal. it was monday evening, which meant the newest episode of smosh mouth was playing on the tv.

a month had gone by, the weather was pretending to be cooler, and honestly, brooklyn hadn't really thought about shayne topp that much. amanda pretty much stopped pushing her toward shayne. of course, there was the occasional nudge, but brooklyn just laughed it off.

did she consider dming shayne a couple times? yes, of course. but she never actually went through with it.

brooklyn continued to write in her journal, reflecting on the weekend. however, her attention was quickly grabbed by the tv.

"... and that's why i try to set up my friends with other friends whenever i can because online dating is so hard." amanda said. "like, if i know someone is looking to date and i know somebody they may hit it off with, i'll exchange numbers or something."

"and i think that is a great way to meet somebody; you could invite them on double dates and stuff." chanse added.

"you know, i have a friend named brooklyn, who the listeners may also know, and she absolutely hates online dating." amanda began. "so, i like to try to set her up with people." amanda smirked toward shayne. chanse laughed.

"yeah, so amanda has been trying to set me up with brooklyn for a couple weeks now." shayne laughed.

"and how do you feel about that?" chanse asked.

shayne shrugged. "i mean, brooklyn seems great. she's beautiful, too." he began. "it's just that dating is so hard, and you never want to make anyone uncomfortable." he explained.

"i just really want them to go on a date." amanda said. "there's just something in my heart telling me that they need to."

"well, you heard it here." chanse joked.

"fine." shayne sighed. "brooklyn, if you see this, send me a dm." he said with a smirk.

amanda began to clap excitedly. "but, amanda, you can't say anything to her before this episode comes out."

amanda's eyes went wide. "we all know i can't do that."

"amanda..." shayne said.

"fine, fine!" amanda said. "but it's going to be hard." she said, covering her mouth.

brooklyn furrowed her eyebrows. so that's why amanda hasn't said much she thought.

brooklyn put her journal on her coffee table and opened her phone.

"shayne actually wants me to dm him..." she said to herself.

"was he just being nice?" she sighed. "or maybe he just got tired of amanda talking about me."

brooklyn thought about what she should do for a few seconds.

"i don't want to pressure him or anything."

the tv grabbed her attention again.

"so if she dms you, you'll be open to chatting?" amanda asked shayne.

"yeah, if brooklyn dms me, i'll be happy talk to her." shayne answered.

"i feel like he's being weird." brooklyn said to herself.

"maybe i'll suggest we be friends." 

she rubbed her forehead.

"actually, maybe that isn't the best idea." she said to herself. "hi shayne, i heard you think i'm beautiful and it's really hard for me to deny i think you are also attractive... wanna be friends?"

brooklyn opened shayne's instagram profile and went to their messages.

"fine."

INSTAGRAM DMS
brooklyn - brooklyn harper
shayne - shayne topp

brooklyn
so... you think i'm beautiful? ;)

brooklyn quickly pressed send and left her phone on the couch. she got up and grabbed her dinner from postmates.

she began taking the chinese food out of the bag.

"wouldn't it be funny if he didn't even answer." she said to herself.

"or what if he does and we get married and i have four blonde haired children." she laughed. "that's so dumb, brooklyn."

she grabbed a fork and sat down, the podcast was still playing but amanda, shayne, and chanse had moved on.

brooklyn turned on her phone and was met by a notification.

shaynetopp sent you a message!

°°°

abi speaks!
hey yall! sorry for the delay in updates

thanks to everybody who has been reading!!

also, this chapter was quite short but i promise, things are gonna start happening soon

bye!