chapter twenty-three

HEAD OVER HEELS
SHAYNE TOPP

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
"THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME"

°°°

BROOKLYN tapped along to the beat of how you get the girl by taylor swift as she waited in her car for the text from selina that would let her know when to go in.

this day had been planned in advance. in the morning, shayne would be recording an episode of smosh mouth and brooklyn would be going in to talk to ian and anthony.

she wanted this to be a surprise. of course, shayne knew that she was debating whether or not she was going to work at smosh, but he didn't know that very recently she decided to do it.

this meeting would be short, and they had about an hour and a half to get brooklyn in and out of there without shayne knowing.

her phone buzzed with a text from selina saying "it's go time". brooklyn excitedly got out of her car and walked into the building.

"just go on into ian's office." selina said with no formal greeted since they had been texting all morning.

brooklyn walked to ian's office and knocked the doorframe, smiling at both ian and anthony.

"hey! welcome back!" anthony, who was closer to brooklyn, greeted, wrapping brooklyn in an embrace.

"thank you!" brooklyn beamed, moving to hug ian also.

"so, take a seat." ian said. brooklyn did as she was told and ian and anthony sat opposite of her.

"so, obviously, we know how well you do here and in videos so there is no need to do an audition." ian explained as brooklyn nodded.

"pretty much what ian is saying is that you have the job." anthony laughed.

brooklyn laughed. "great, so i can go?" she joked.

"not so fast." ian laughed. "there's a few things we need to discuss before you sign on to smosh."

brooklyn nodded as she processed his words. ian continued explaining. "we need to do some big kid official job stuff and get you officially apart the company. then, we have to talk about when you'll start and how much you want to work and all that stuff."

brooklyn laughed. "alright."

"also, we know you're interested in doing some other stuff around here so we should discuss that." anthony added.

"yeah, i'd be interested in the writing process and maybe some directing." brooklyn said.

anthony smiled. "i think we can make that happen."

"great!" brooklyn said. "i just wanted to let you know that i am serious about this and i'm not just doing it because i'm with shayne. not that i think you guys think that, but amanda has been suggesting i think about joining smosh since she joined, and as we can tell, i've been doing things she has suggested lately."

"brooklyn, i feel like you're forgetting i knew you before your relationship." ian smiled. "you used to hang out here every so often and even then i felt like you'd be a great addition." he said.

"i'm super excited about this." brooklyn said. "just a little nervous people are going to think i'm doing this to be shayne twenty-four/seven." she chuckled.

"we get it." anthony said. "it's perfectly normal to be nervous about such a public job. especially somewhere with a fanbase who ship people as hard as they do here."

ian laughed. "yeah, even though you're in a literally relationship, people will still ship you with the most random people."

brooklyn laughed. "great, can't wait."

ian smiled. "welcome to smosh!"

after the meeting, brooklyn made her way back over to selina.

"hey, change of plans." brooklyn spoke. "could i go crash the smosh mouth shoot?"

"i think they're just about done." selina said. "but go nuts."

brooklyn smiled and walked to the door that opened to where they did most of their filming. she could hear shayne and amanda filming ad reads. they were just about wrapped up with one as she made herself visible.

"brookie!" amanda exclaimed.

"hey! what are you doing here?" shayne asked.

"i just got done talking to ian and anthony. they need you to sign a consentual relationship agreement when you have a chance." brooklyn said with a straight face.

amanda looked confused as an understanding look grew on shayne's face.

"are you serious!?" he asked excitedly, rising out of his chair.

"i start monday." brooklyn smiled. shayne walked over and wrapped brooklyn in a huge embrace, spinning and picking her up off the ground.

he pressed a kiss to the top of her head and all of the crew in the room began clapping jokingly.

"i knew you would do it!" amanda beamed as she hugged brooklyn. "this is gonna be awesome!"

°°°

abi speaks!
coming to an end in seven more chapters after this one :'(

get ready because shayne and brooklyn are about to have an exciting time with moving in together and shayne meeting brooklyn's mom ;)

also, i have no idea how this type of job works so just pretend everything makes sense!! thanksss

byeee