chapter twenty-nine

HEAD OVER HEELS
SHAYNE TOPP

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
"OH PLEASE, YOU LOVE ME"

°°°

BROOKLYN took a sip from the margarita sitting in front of her as amanda loudly told a funny story.

laughter errupted from the table consisting of amanda, courtney, angela, trevor, spencer, shayne, and of course, brooklyn.

"hey, i have a random question." spencer began. "how did you and brooklyn meet?" he asked amanda.

amanda smiled as brooklyn perked up. "improv class." brooklyn answered.

"we were paired up for an exersize and that's how i learned amanda was one of the funniest people out there." she smiled and amanda wrapped her arms lovingly around her.

"brooklyn was awesome too, don't let her fool you." amanda said.

"we've been best friends ever since." brooklyn beamed, leaning into amanda. "i owe her a lot."

amanda shook her head. "you don't owe me anything."

"you introduced me to all of my friends and now i have a full time job because of you." brooklyn said.

amanda shrugged. "okay, fine, i'm awesome and you owe me." she joked.

brooklyn smiled as the waiter came to their table to take their food order. they were in a fancier restaurant, all wearing formal outfits and looked really good while doing so.

brooklyn and shayne arranged this night, not only wanting a nice date night for themselves, but also to have a night with any friends who wanted an excuse to dress nice. they opened the invitation to many, more than content with the medium sized group that was able to go.

"does anyone want another drink?" shayne asked, moving to get up. "i'm just gonna go straight to the bar."

everyone said no or that they were okay for now so shayne shrugged and got up to get himself another drink.

"hey, i'll go with you." brooklyn said, drinking the last sip of her drink and getting up. they made their way to the bar and ordered two drinks. it was a busy saturday night so they sat down and waited.

shayne smiled at brooklyn. "you look beautiful."

brooklyn blushed. "thank you."

brooklyn was fiddling with her rings as shayne reached over and interlocked their hands.

"you okay, brooke?" he asked.

brooklyn nodded. "i'm great, why?"

shayne looked down at her hands. "just checking." he answered.

"you're so sweet." brooklyn said. "i'm fine, i promise."

"good." shayne said. "do you want to hang out here for a bit? a little mini date?"

brooklyn smiled. "i would absolutely love that."

shayne placed his hand on brooklyn's leg and brooklyn leaned her head on her shoulder.