Chapter 27- Here We Go Again

Start from the beginning

I slid her long brown hair aside and stretched the locket out, clasping it around her neck with a click.

"Ughh it's perfect!" she squealed, pulling me into yet another hug.

"Wait a second." I said as I paused and came to a realization that both Shannon and Joey were wearing shoes. "Where are you guys going?"

"Aoife left money for birthday breakfast for Shan, we were just about to come get you." Joey explained.

"Oh my God can we get jelly's and toast!" I squealed excitedly.

"Sure Marc', we can get jelly's and toast."

★・・・・・・★

"Jesus, Joey," Shannon coughed as she rolled down the window. "It smells like a brewery in here."

"I know," Joey replied as he started the engine and pulled away from the curb. "You can blame your friends from Tommen for that."

"My friends?" Shannon shook her head and stared at his side profile. "What are you talking about?"

"Johnny Kavanagh," Joey stated. "We ended up dropping him home from the pub last night" he explained, gesturing towards me.

"Oh." was all Shannon replied. For a moment at least.

"You dropped Johnny home?" she asked, her voice becoming loud and pitchy. "When... How... Why?"

"Last night when we were picking up our takeaway," Joey explained as he pulled out of the estate and onto the main road. "He was thrown down against a wall outside the chipper in town. He was in a bad way."

"He was?" Shannon questioned, her concern apparent. "What was wrong with him?"

"He was drunk off his tits," Joey grumbled. "His friend was worse."

"His friend?" Shannon asked. "His...girlfriend?"

"Nah, some big, blond fucker," Joey corrected and I chuckled softly at his description of Gussie.

"I think his name was Gillie or something like that."

"I think it was Gussie" I corrected. "Gussie Gibson".

"Gibsie" Shannon pitched in, and I nodded, that was definitely it.

" That's the one." Joey nodded, then released a low chuckle. "Bloody eejit threw himself on top of the car, demanding I give him back his center." Laughing, he added, "He looked serious, too. Like he genuinely thought I was kidnapping Kavanagh."

I giggled softly at the memory of the blonde boy, then grimaced as other memories from that car ride filled my mind.

Shan's brows furrowed. "Why did Gibsie call Johnny his center?"

"Johnny's position is outside center in rugby," he explained. "He's number 13."

"So, you dropped them both home?" Shannon asked. "To Johnny's house?"

"Yep," my brother confirmed. "Had to help carry Kavanagh while Marci dragged that Gibsie fella into the house. He was legless, Shan. A right bloody mess. We left him in the living room."

"You were inside Johnny's house?" Shannon questioned, her face red as a beet.

"Yeah, Shan, and Jesus Christ, by the looks of their property, his family must be minted." Joey blew out a breath. "Never seen anything so fancy in my life –" The sound of a phone ringing cut through the air, distracting the three of us.

We patted our pockets. "Not mine," Shannon said, "Not mine," Joey stated. "Mine either," I muttered,

The ringing cut out and then restarted a few seconds later, vibrating loudly. "Check the backseat," Joey instructed and I slid from my spot on the middle seat onto the floor and began digging for the source of the sound.