Chapter 20- Hit the lights

Ethan

I pushed my palm against the front door as it creaked  open, and Marci walked under my arm into my house.

Gibsie had just left to fuck around at the local pub Biddies with our friends for his seventeenth birthday.

As much as I wanted to watch my brother get shitfaced and flirt with random girls (I really didn't) I was much more focused on the girl who was currently approaching my bedroom door with me.

come on ethan you've got this.

I wasn't sure if I was pep talking myself on the prospect of going into my bedroom, or the concept of Marci being in there with me as well.

Both were equally as risky in my mind.

I reached my bedroom door, Marci following close behind, and pushed it open.

My step faltered for a second and Marci noticed, stopping outside the door once I finally walked in.

"I can wait here" she said as she shuffled awkwardly "I uh- I totally get it"

I contemplated the idea.

Which was worse?

Marci being with me in my room.

Or her not being with me at all?

"No, come on in"

"You're sure?"

"Always"

She padded through the doorway and into my dark room as I fumbled for the light switch.

Whoever had designed my room was a dumbass.

The light switch was on the opposite side of the room from where the door was.

I guess it didn't help that I refused to open my blinds, meaning my room was always pitch black, and quite the pain in the ass to light.

I stared ahead with my arms reached forwards as I ran them along the walls in search of the switch.

"Ow shit!" I yelled as I ran directly into a shelf on the wall and it nailed me in the forehead.

"Are you okay?" Marci yelled out from across the room, clearly amused.

"Yeah- yeah I'm good, will you help me find the switch, this thing's a pain in the hole" I responded, now rubbing my forehead with the palm of my hand to dull the pain in it.

"On it."

I resumed my search, and Marci headed in my direction, probably assuming I had an idea of where the stupid switch was, but she was wrong.

I barely used my bedroom, which meant that I had no clue which side of my bed the switch was even on.

"Ouch" Marci mumbled as a small thud came from across the room, quickly followed by a louder thud and a crashing sound as I saw the vague outline of her figure fall to the ground.

The room was filled with a deafening silence as I waited for her to make any sort of noise, show any sort of sign that she was okay.

My plea was answered when I heard her burst out into a fit of giggles.

I let out a deep sigh of relief and headed towards the melodic sound of her voice, now laughing as well.

I fumbled for something to grab onto in the dark as I looked for her figure, but stumbled on something on the floor near my bed and collapsed onto the ground.

I landed on top of what I had tripped over, which just so happened to be Marci. She let out a cry of pain my elbow connected with her stomach and bucked from underneath my weight. My chest nearly crashed into hers, but I caught myself with my hand, my face landing inches from her and my chest erupting into flames as it grazed hers.

I stared straight ahead, vaguely making out the figure of her face in the dark, admiring the breathtaking green in her eyes. Her eyes took my breath away like nothing else, except for maybe the rest of her.

She looked straight back at me, her eyes drilling holes into the deepest parts of my soul. When Marci looked at me I felt like she knew things about me that I didn't even know about myself, and while that should have scared the shit out of me, it didn't feel like that with her. With her I felt like I could tell her anything and everything and it wouldn't change a thing between us. She'd still see me the same, still love me the same.

I knew Marci wasn't in love with me, but she still told me constantly how much she loved me.

Because this girl actually cared about me.

Someone cared about me.

For the first time in my life, I had someone for myself, someone who got me.

Gibsie had Claire, Hughie had Katie, Johnny had Shannon.

And now I had Marci.

And I was going to keep her.

Marci gasped, pulling me back to the present, and making me aware that I was still on top of her and in a very fucking compromising position.

She wasn't looking at me anymore, rather over my shoulder, as she squirmed to get up from below me.

"I see it!" she squealed excitedly.

I rolled myself off of her, immediately feeling empty when the heat of her body left mine and the flame in my chest dimmed. I felt myself long for her touch, despite her body being inches from mine.

I rose to my feet, and reached out to Marci to help her lift up. She flinched away from my hand, and ducked down to dodge my touch.

Fuck

When she realized I wasn't going to hurt her, she lifted her head back up, embarrassed.

"Sorry I uh-" she began.

"Don't worry about it" I sighed as she attempted to grab onto my hand, but awkwardly missed it multiple times since she couldn't see it in the dark. When she finally grabbed my hand, and I pulled her to her feet, she darted past me, heading towards the wall behind me and flipping the switch.

She turned to look at me, her face now visible once more.

"Good to see you again" she sighed, walking over to me.

Now that I could see her again, it hit me that she was still covered in shit, and that I could still see the hem of her lacy white bra through the rip her shirt, which realized I did not need to remember as I felt a surge of heat shoot straight to my dick at the sight.

I reluctantly tore my eyes from her, and headed for my dresser, sifting through the top drawer for something small enough to fit Marci, but coming up empty.

When I finally grabbed a pair of blue boxers and a random grey sweatshirt that I'd outgrown ages ago, I wrapped them into a bundle in my arms and headed for the bathroom.

"Come on, lets get you cleaned up"

★・・・・・・★

Authors Note

I have appendicitis 🤪🤭 love that for meee!!

anyway i changed the character photos on the first chapter if you feel like checking that out, and if you like those, my pinterest is @defnotkaty! (shameless plug)

does it count as a shameless plug if your lowk ashamed?

anyway ily alll (you are loveddd 💗)

Wish me luck in procedureeee

-Kat