It's By Design

Začít od začátku

"Good morning", Caleb said super chipper and loud. He scared me making me drop my phone out the window and down the cliff.

Shit.

Damion was going to kill me. That was like my third phone this year.

"I've done that many times", Caleb said with a worried expression in a long sleeve blue crew neck shirt and light blue jeans. "That's why Flynn only gave me flip phones after a while".

"I'm about to be there too".

"I could probably fly down and get it".

"It has to be in a million pieces by now. I'll take my verbal lashing", I reached out my hand to Cullen for him to hop up and then put him on my shoulder.

"How was your night out?"

"It was filled with hookers, booze and blow".

Caleb laughed,"So a typical night".

"You'll have to join us next time".

"Before we all divide and conquer we should all go out".

"Are you leaving soon?"

"Not necessarily. There's a couple of things I need to get done in heaven. But then I'll be back on a special assignment".

"Fancy. They're giving you James Bond missions?"

"Specialized things that need to be done by Seraphim", He shrugged as we continued walking down the hallway.

"Promise me you'll be safe whatever the special secret assignment is?"

"It's not a secret. Some archangels have gone missing. That's not normal. I need to figure out why".

"Who?" I asked.

"Maalik, for one".

"He...umm... guards the gates of hell?"

"Correct".

"Aren't there multiple gates to hell? How do you know he's not just at another gate still doing his job?"

"Because you would have never wound up in the pit if he was. And He's been MIA for too long. Even longer than Sariel. So we need to find him".

"Who's we?" I said not liking The idea of Caleb put a hands of at risk with people He didn't really know.

"Sariel and myself . I'm hoping to steal Ryan for this one too".

I really didn't like that. So Caleb and Ryan would both be endanger."Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Anything", Caleb smiled as we made our way down a spiraling stone staircase.

"Have you ever met a Nephilim?"

"Several, why?" Caleb admitted as Cullen flew from my shoulder over to Caleb's.

"I'm just curious. You go to school and learn all this stuff and then realize we don't have all the answers. There's like four sentences about them in the history books---".