Are We Playing Games Now?

Chapter 5

One second I was completely covered in darkness and in the next I was on a cold obsidian floor. The rock was so shiny I could see my reflection as I sat up. I was definitely back in hell from the  black silk and heavily beaded ball gown. There was a golden bracelet on my wrist that looked more like a chain than a piece of jewelry. A crown of diamonds set on my head. When I finally got to my feet I looked around to see nothing but I knewing exactly where I was at.

Cullen?

I am here.

He said reassuringly.

"We are so fucked".

"Not unless you want to be", a powerful voice echoed all around me said sending shivers down my spine.

I took a deep breath calming myself before I turn around expecting to see my worst nightmare. But nothing was there except darkness.

"Are we playing games now?" I said picking up my dress and kicking off my black heels. I started to run in any direction.

"No but you are running like we are".

"Send me back!" I demanded.

"I will".

"Now!" I said running out of steam as my legs began to burn. It was as if the dress was getting heavier and heavier with every step. I slowed down until I eventually had to stop. It was as if gravity had become heavier. I couldn't move my body but I heard footsteps slowly approaching from behind followed by the sound of chains dragging against the floor.

"My queen", Lucifer said coming to stand before me. Nothing about him had changed and these last 4 years. He still made my stomach turn, and I didn't like the amusement in his violet eyes. "You called out to Hell. I responded".

"You know damn well I didn't call out for you".

"But, I listened nonetheless", He said crossing his arms over his bear chess. I didn't like how Lucifer towered over me. And I hate it that I couldn't move. "My brother didn't hurt you did he?"

Lucifer reached out in cupped my cheek gently running his thumb back and forth over my skin. Since I couldn't move my body all I could do was frown even though I wanted to slap his hand away. "Don't touch me".

"As you wish", he said dropping his hand.

"Let me go".

"I will", He said with a smile of amusement,"I just want to scare Michael for a bit longer".

"You're crazy", I frowned. "You know he'll start a war".

"I do, but the chaos before is delectable... And I have missed you, 4 years is too long to just watch".

So he was watching.

I thought I was paranoid. Because I had no proof. But there would always be moments when I was alone in the corner of my eye I would see something. In the shadows they would always be an extra darkness. In the silence, something more to dampen it. After the first few times I just started to ignore it. I wasn't crazy even though it made me feel that way.

"I could have gone longer".

He chuckled to himself,"Good to know you still have a sense of humor".

"I've got jokes for days, that wasn't one of them".

I watched as Lucifer's eyes darkened. And for a second I thought he was going to hit me but he just took a deep breath and slowly started to circle me with his hands behind his back,"Are you going to abide by my brother's wish?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about", I said trying to move my legs up not wanting to be wrapped up in Lucifer's chains.

"The marriage".

"I don't see why you would care", I said wanting to stay coy and aloof.

"Do you know what binding yourself to heaven will do?"

"I get an automatic I go to heaven card", I smirked.

"Relics that do make that bind to heaven don't last long".

"I wonder why", I following his violet eyes.

"Humans were never meant to touch the divine. There's only one relic that has survived the binding", I hadn't met another relic. Cullen had always reassured me that all of his brothers and sisters were dead because of Michael. That was part of the reason why he hated him so much,"Do you want to know how many have died?"

"There's only 12 that could never exist".

"Is that what Heaven told you? Chamuel isn't being completely honest. Do you want to know the truth?"I remain silent because this was a trap. He was trying to tempt me and it wasn't going to work. "Only 12 can exist at the same time. Do you know how many women have tried to be the host and died? How many we're told there was no risk? And when women didn't work children seem like the better option".

My head snapped around to Lucifer. But I'm still remained silent.

"O yes, children. Who bet her to carry the forgiveness of heaven than the innocence of a child. And while relics prefer women. Any child could be innocent girl or boy".

Cullen is that true?

I asked.

It was a dark time. And sacrifices did happen. Never with me, I barricaded myself in the ground. But I did have brothers and sisters that tried.

"Heaven doesn't sound so righteous now does it?" Lucifer taunted as he stopped his circling and stood in front of me.

"Both Heaven and hell have done some fucked up things. I'm not keeping tally of tit for tat. You're trying to end the world. I'm always going to be on the other side that's trying to fight against it".

"Not end the world rebirth it. Mankind should have never existed, you're primitive beings who need a structured order---".

"I don't want to hear it".

"You judge Hell without knowing the full story. I fight for every demon, homunculus, and Fallen that sided with me. For the visionaries that dare to see a future that had never been comprehended. There was a time when there were no fallen or demons we were all angels interchangeable identical. Nothing separates the guardian angel at your side from the demon at mine except your perception. You perceive me to be the villain. When I am the greatest, most powerful and most beautiful of all of the angels that my Father created. I will always be Seraphim, bringer of light. Unjust is God in raising the human nature above the angelic. I am the most exalted and beautiful angel and the triumph belongs to me. I will subject myself to no one of an inferior nature, and I will not consent that anyone take precedence over me or be greater than I".

I didn't want to get to know Lucifer any further. It was insanely easy to get under his skin. And it was only because he allowed me to. He put everything on the table but he didn't see how deranged he was. "With that speech you just made my decision".

"I'm giving you the opportunity to be saved".

Sure....

"So I can be a good pet in the new world order".

"I promise you. If you bind yourself to heaven I will escalate", I felt myself start to sink down into the ground as black quicksand took hold of me. I was finally able to move again but now I was trapped in a new set of chains. "You tell my brother I'll be seeing him soon".

That was the final thing I heard as sand filled my lungs and eventually took over every inch of me.