Oh It's Hedonistic

Chapter 4

Knock knock

"Just leave me alone to died!" I pouted. I had locked myself in one of the rooms in the Abbey for self-reflection and a pity party. I sat on the stone floor of one of the sisters bedroom. The accommodations couldn't be any simpler with a twin size bed against a wall that gave of you to the beach down below and a small desk. I could barely fit in this room. This would be my coffin.

Knock knock.

"We're coming in".

"No--" I tried to get out as the wooden door opened and Caleb and Flynn came in. Well tried to come in, Caleb sat on the bed, dressed casually and a white one shoulder robe while Flynn could barely get through the door in a black suit. I felt barricaded in with nowhere to escape from my hurt feelings.

"We heard you're getting married", Caleb said gleefully.

"She said no".

"I don't think she really has a choice", Flynn chuckled holding on to the top beam of the door.

"Well, she does and she doesn't want me".

"Isn't this an arrangement? Why are you so pissed" Flynn asked.

"Because the woman he loves rejected him. That's not hard to understand", Caleb interjected as he came and sat on the floor in front of me. He gave my shoulder a comforting squeeze. "Ryel, I am sorry---"

"Before today were you even thinking about marriage?" Flynn asked bluntly sounding just like Evelyn.

"No".

"Then, why the fuck do you care?"

"Because.... Because...", I shouted. "She didn't just say no. It feels like Evelyn isn't happy with me".

"She loves you", Caleb was quick to say.

"But, she's not happy and I fear she hasn't been happy in a long time. And I never caught it", until today. I told Flynn and Caleb everything Evelyn had said in the middle of the road.

"So change or get over it", Flynn stated. "She's asking you to show up. You walk on eggshells with Michael and all the other archangels trying to appease them. If you keep it up you'll lose the woman who got you your redemption to begin with".

"There has to be a compromise", Caleb added.

"I thought we were compromising?"

"Seeing your woman every six to seven months isn't a compromise It's the suicide of your relationship. You're going to have to grow a pair of balls and put your foot down with Michael", Flynn said.

"Ryel, not you nor Michael can't force Evelyn to do anything. It's okay that she doesn't want to marry you right now. You didn't even want to marry her until Michael demanded it. This is one thing you cannot rush into. You and Evelyn have both been busy doing the best you can to keep Hell at bay. There's nothing wrong with admitting you both have drifted apart now is the time to come back together".

I don't feel like we drifted. Evelyn was still my lady and I still loved her. I just hated that I hurt her and I didn't even see it.

Every decision I've made has led me to Evelyn. I could not imagine spending the rest of eternity without her. She was so much ingrained in my life I couldn't imagine a future without her the same way I couldn't imagine Caleb and Flynn not being my family. "I need to put my foot down".

"Yeah you do".

"And try to be understanding to Michael's plight. He has existed to protect heaven since his creation. He's been so solely focused on that it may be hard for him to understand that not everyone is that tuned in to the needs of heaven. Let him understand that you understand his desire to protect but if he pushes this he will push Evelyn away from all of us. She's not a woman that can just be bullied into submission".