I Beg Your Fine As Fucking Pardon

Chapter 9

I wanted to leave.

I didn't care what it would take how far ahead to walk with no shoes and barely any clothes. I was leaving. I made it to the front door, throwing open the the two giant wooden doors to run directly into a sweatly Damion. Cullen jumped up for my shoulder to my head.

"What the fuck have you been?!"

"Hell", I answered simple.

"How did you get out?" Damion said holding me by my shoulders checking me over to make sure I didn't have any scrapes or bruises.

"Lucifer let me go. He wanted me to deliver a message to Michael".

"I beg your fine as fucking pardon!?"

"Well you know how I tried to just shut down the last 4 years and forget what happened in hell. Well I can't anymore".

"I should have put you in therapy".

"And then they'd drag my ass to the psych ward".

Finish with his lookover Damion stood before me arms crossed waiting for the story. And I told him everything plus what happened with Michael and my suspicions. "You've had too long to just think about this".

"It sounds crazy but...it kind of---"

"No kind of anything. Lucifer is a master manipulator. He's in your head just like he wants. You're doing good work---"

"We" I corrected.

"Whatever. Michael may be a lot of things but he's not the villain Lucifer is trying to lead you to believe. And that's coming from someone who sees him as a self-righteous grandiosing prick. But still good at his job".

I was in my head too much. Damion was right, maybe I just needed to hear it from his uncensored mouth,"I'm not getting married".

"Then don't", Damion struggled. "I'm your guardian angel not your pimp".

"I don't know what to do next".

"Let's get some rest and food for the night, fight this battle in the morning and then we'll hit the road by midday".

"Okay", I agreed.

"Good, I don't want to stay any longer than needed too", Damion said walking inside. I followed closely behind him.

"Who got on your nerves?"

"No one gets on my nerves. You think I'm going to let someone have that much control over me?"

"Someone hurt your feelings bad".

"It's nothing".

"O it's something", I pushed.

"I think it's time for you to go to bed".

"I'm not going to push you to talk to me. You've never done that to me and I've always appreciated it. But I am here if you want to vent... Or even shit talk".

Cullen added,"You know we are safe with you. Know you are cared for and safe with us".

Damion quickly opens a random door that leads into an old parlor room, the walls adorned with weathered leather-bound books. The room is well-furnished, though the fireplace sits dormant, its silence echoing through the dusty air. With each step inside, the sounds seem to dampen on the worn carpets. I sit on the brown leather couch and watch as Damion angrily throws firewood into the fireplace, his frustration evident in his movements as he tries to ignite a fire on blended knee.

"Do you want me to stop following you?"

"No", He said still trying to get the fire going.

"Do you want me to shut up?"