Dueling Class

A few days later, in the girls' bathroom, Harry was telling Ron and Hermione what he overheard in the hospital wing. Ron leaned against the stalls as Harry and Thomas sat in front of the pot that Hermione was brewing. As they talked, Hermione was working on the Polyjuice Potion.

" 'Again'?" Hermione questioned, "You mean, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?"

"Of course. Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. And now he's taught Draco how to do it." Ron told them.

"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure." She replied as she poured some substance in a bottle into the boiling pot.

"Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight in the middle of a girls' lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?" Ron asked.

"No. No one ever comes in here." Hermione told him.

Ron looked at her with a confused expression, "Why?" he asked.

Thomas looked at him, surprised he didn't already know, "You telling me you haven't heard of Moaning Myrtle before?"

Ron looked even more confused, "Who??" he asked.

Just then a ghostly girl in a Hogwarts uniform appeared 2 stalls behind Ron, "Moaning Myrtle." Hermione then said.

Ron still hadn't noticed Moaning Myrtle floating up behind him, making Thomas want to laugh. He put a hand over his mouth, keeping it in. "Who's Moaning Myrtle?"

"I'M MOANING MYRTLE!" She yelled at Ron, making him grab onto the stall pillar from fear and shock. She flew into the center of the room, above the fountain-basin-thing that Thomas still hadn't known was called. "I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping, Moaning Myrtle?" With a piercing cry, she flew into a stall beside Ron and right into a toilet.

"... She's a little sensitive." Hermione added with her now gone.

Ron looked at her with a look that sarcastically said, 'Ya think??' Then he looked down at Thomas, "How'd you know of her??" he asked.

"You telling me you haven't heard her outside the bathroom?" Thomas looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"That's not the only reason you know her." Hermione said playfully and with a cheeky smile.

Thomas snap his head towards her, "Don't." he ordered.

"Don't what?" Harry asked, a small smile growing on his face.

Hermione looked at Thomas with a smirk and Thomas looked at her with pleading eyes. After a bit of time, she sighed, "Alright." she said.

"Someone tell me what's going on?" Ron asked.

"No. And You will never know." Thomas told replied, then leaned into the stall pillar.

Later in The Great Hall,

There was a large stage in the center of the hall with large crowds of students scattered around it and conversing. Professor Lockhart walked on to the stage in the middle of the Great Hall. "Gather round! Gather round!" he yelled and the students gathered around the stage, "Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works."

He pulled off the cape he was wearing and tossed it into the crowd, where it was caught by some of his adoring female fans. Thomas rolled his eyes and caught Hermione completely gushing over Lockhart in the corner of his eye. "Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape." Thomas's eyes widened in amusement and shock from what he was hearing. It couldn't be, right? Looking very dour and menacing, Snape walked on to the stage, "He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry, you'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him. Never fear."