a friendly match

⠀⠀It didn’t take a long time before someone from the other side came peeking across the river.

He stood there watching her for a few minutes before turning back. As Alessandra watched the enemy scout disappear into the forest, a sense of urgency washed over her. She knew that they couldn't afford to let their guard down, not even for a moment. With the enemy alerted to her presence, it was only a matter of time before they would regroup and launch a full-scale assault.

Quickly assessing the situation, Alessandra knew that they needed to act fast. With the enemy scout likely on their way back with reinforcements, they had little time to waste. Every second counted, and they needed to be prepared for whatever came their way.

Turning to the hidden archer beside her, Alessandra gave a subtle nod, signaling that it was time to move. With practiced precision, they silently slipped away from their position, blending seamlessly into the surrounding foliage as they made their way to their next position.

As they moved through the forest, Alessandra's senses remained on high alert, her eyes scanning the area for any sign of movement. She knew that they were walking into enemy territory, and they couldn't afford to let their guard down for even a moment.

Alessandra approached the scene of the battle, her heart pounded in her chest at the sight before her. Swords clashed, bodies collided, and the air was thick with tension as her teammates fought valiantly against their opponents.

“Be on a lookout for possible enemy reinforcements,” she instructed the archer who had accompanied her, her voice firm and commanding whereas her eyes stayed on the scene in front of her.

He nodded in understanding before silently slipping away to carry out his orders.

With determination burning in her veins, Alessandra sprinted towards the fray, her eyes trained on the figure of Luke Castellan as he effortlessly dispatched her teammates one by one. It was true that his skill with a sword was unmatched and he looked attractive while doing so. 

As she reached the edge of the battle, Alessandra wasted no time in summoning her weapon—a sleek silver spear that gleamed in the sunlight. When not used, it took form as a ring. It was a gift from her mother, forged with divine craftsmanship and imbued with the power to change form at her will.

“I told you to watch your back,” she whispered behind Luke, her voice barely above a murmur as she caught him off guard.

Luke's eyes widened in surprise as he spun around to face her, his sword at the ready. “Alessandra,” he breathed, his voice laced with a mixture of shock and admiration.

Alessandra flashed him a playful grin, twirling her spear skillfully in her hand. “Let’s make this fair, shall we?” she challenged, her eyes dancing with seriousness as a smirk found its way to the crevices of her pink lips.

With a determined gleam in her eyes, Alessandra tightened her grip on her spear, anticipation coursing through her veins as she prepared to make her move. She took a step forward, her movements fluid and graceful as she closed the distance between herself and Luke, her senses sharp and alert.

Luke watched her approach, his expression unreadable as he braced himself for her attack. His grip tightened on his sword, his muscles tense and ready as he prepared to defend himself against Alessandra's onslaught.

As she lunged forward, Alessandra felt a surge of adrenaline rush through her, her focus narrowing as she concentrated on her target. With a swift motion, she swung her spear in a wide arc, aiming for Luke's defenses with pinpoint accuracy.

Luke met her attack head-on, his sword flashing as he parried her blow with expert precision. The sound of metal meeting metal echoed through the air, a symphony of clashing swords and grunts of exertion filling the battlefield.