ᴛᴇɴ

I felt comfortable in his embrace.

Of course we hugged! He got first in quali, or as the garage had taught me, pole position.

After saying goodbye to the whole garage I got an Uber back home. I was exhausted.

.

I sighed as I walked up the stairs to my sister's apartment. I got my key from my pocket but when I inserted the key within the hole there was no use.The door was already unlocked. Ana wasn't supposed to be back for longer?

I considered my options. Go in cautiously or be a burden and ask someone to help. I decided the first one.

I grasped my phone tightly, stumbling within the apartment with shallow and quiet steps.

I pushed open the nearest closed door which was the bathroom, clear.

Then I heard a crash from a nearby room. What? I stood outside of the closed room, my panting got heavier.

Part of me was considering just leaving and pretending none of this happened, after all this isn't my apartment.

But I had to find out what it was.

On three, two-

Before I could finish my mental countdown the door already swung open and nearly hit me.

I looked to see who it was and my worry went away, it was Ana.

"Oof.. Reyna are you good? You look so pale."

I wiped my forehead, still leaned back against the cold wall.

"Well you scared me Ana I thought you were an intruder or something." I mumbled.

She laughed and I sighed, embarrassed.

Once she was done laughing she spoke,
"You're not wrong for assuming that though, I was able to come early because I lost my client."

I nodded.

"So Reyna, where were you?" She quickly asked smirking.

"At the qualifying for the race I got random tickets for."

She was shocked.

"You're actually going to those things?"

"Cmon Ana don't be so judgmental."

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever. Have fun wasting your vacation."

"And speaking of, the race is tomorrow so I better get some sleep."

She mustered up a "mk." Before heading to bed as well.