ᴏɴᴇ

I awkwardly held my bags, lost in the large airport of Bologna, Italy.

After working hard and saving my money from my job, my parents agreed to allowing me visit my sister in Italy during the summer to celebrate my 18th birthday.

I texted my sister of my arrival in the country.

"Are you serious right now?"

She texted back.

I agreed.

"I'm so sorry I'm busy today and I'm in a different city for my job. You know where my key is, I trust you at my apartment. I'll be back tomorrow :("

"Aww it sucks we can't see each other today, I'll still be exploring the city though."

"Welp, have fun and stay safe Reyna."

Really? I'm a young adult lost and alone in a country she's never been in and that's what you say? After you've known about this trip for months.

I struggled as I dragged my luggage along the airport floor to the exit. I had to find a taxi.

The amount of people surprised me and also dreaded me. I had to search and wait for a while before getting my long awaited taxi. Not to mention it started drizzling of rain.

"Ciao miss, are you eh a foreigner?"

Asked the man in a strong accent.

"Yes." I replied.

He nodded holding back a smirk.

I then told him where to drop me off, my sister's apartment, and we started the drive.

The rain got heavier. Because of this the driver stated he would have to go slower and on a safer route which was just a ton of turns and I'm sure was way longer than if he took the normal way to the apartment building.

"We can just go the normal way, the rain isn't too bad." I said.

"No no. For your safety we cannot." He said in his broken English.

I looked back at my phone, defeated. I spent so much time saving up and I aspired for how fun this trip would be but now I am regretting it. Everything has gone wrong.

I felt tears form and I bit my lip. I started to cry.

For the last 15 minutes of the drive I spent it crying.

Then I had to pay the hefty payment for a ride that should've been half that price.
.

I picked up the key from underneath the doormat to my sister's apartment and opened the door.

I practically threw my bags down to sit on the sofa.

I sighed, taking a deep breath on the soft couch.

I then took a calming shower and did my skin care. I sat on my bed, the afternoon's sunset shined down on me through the window on my right. I opened my laptop, signing in and checking my email.

I got a weird email.

"Your ticket for the 2024 F2 Imola Grand Prix! Plus your ticket for the F2 Meet and Greet! We thank you for your purchase!"

I was stunned. Huh? What even is F2? Formula 2? I know I didn't buy any formula 2 tickets!

I texted my sister.

"Did you buy tickets to a Formula 2 race?"

After a few minutes she replied,
"No? Why?"

Did someone accidentally send their tickets to my email?

I even texted my parents asking if they bought them for me. Both were clueless.

Well why put these tickets to waste, and plus..I don't have any other plans. Maybe my luck isn't as bad as I thought.