Chapter 6 - April Showers Bring May Flowers

School had started up again. Back to the same boring routine. But at least spring break left us with some memories.. well not really good ones. Frank got in a fight, and actually had to get stitches. Even though Gerard told him he wasn't going to need any. Frank wasn't mad or anything, just in pain. Ray ended u p getting in a relationship with that chick he went home with the night of the party. They were going strong, taking things steady. That boy that Frank got in a fight with ended up going to jail, Franks parents pressed charges on him for assault. Turns out that boy wasn't really a boy, he was 23. Who even let him into the party am I right? Franks parents weren't mad about the party, just about the injuries on their son. Mikey spent most of spring break with Rayne. Looks like they're getting somewhere. So much happened in a span of 2 weeks. Time flew by but the moments felt like years.

It was April. Flowers were blooming, weather was sunny and bright with some humidity. Gross time of the year. It had been almond a week with no rain or clouds. That's what Gerard hated about April. No rain, no clouds, just humidity and sun. His birthday was a few days away, the big 18! Finally considered an adult by law. His aunt Carrie continued to tell him to make sure to watch what he does as an adult because he could get in trouble. But Gerard's 'adult life' started when his parents left. He was left alone to take care of Mikey. No child should do that.

Gerard knew what he wanted for his 18th birthday, and Carrie said he could have anything he wanted. He wanted to know about his parents. He wanted to know where they went, and why they left, and he knew Carrie knew everything. But she always told him and Mikey that they were too young to understand. God. Gerard hated being told he was 'too young' for anything. He could do anything. Nobody would stop him. His life. His rules.

It was soon lunch period, Gerard had sat with Frank and Ray, and of course Ray invited his girlfriend. She was nice, just a little much. She could never stop talking. Never. Her mouth never shut. Gerard didn't like that about her. But he wasn't going to say anything about it. That would be very rude.

"Do you guys wanna hang out again this weekend? Maybe go to the mall or something?" Ray asked, holding his girlfriend's hand above the table.

Frank shrugged "I don't mind, I don't have anything planned." He was pretty busted up, his lip was still swollen, even after 2 weeks, and he had some bruises. Gerard sighed, even though he wasn't very fond of Frank, he still was sympathetic. Frank got really hurt. But at least it wouldn't happen again. Gerard didn't really like anyone at that table. But it was always nice to have someone. Seeming he was alone for a while. Having 'friends' brought him comfort and peace.

Gerard had some faint music playing through his headphones, basically ignoring everyone while walking down the hallways. He had a feeling in his head that something was going to happen. He didn't know when, or what it was, but he knew something bad was going to happen. He tried his hardest to avoid that feeling. When he was driving home, he had the radio on blast, that didn't help. Once he got home, he opened the door, the house was empty. His aunt wasn't home, neither was Mikey. He sighed, setting his bag and shoes down at the entrance before walking up the stairs.

Quiet. It was too quiet. Gerard didn't wanna turn on any music, just in case he missed any sounds from his surroundings. It was almost midnight, nobody was home yet. It was a Thursday? Why would Mikey be out this late. Gerard sat up in his messy bed, leaning over to grab the phone, dialing Mikey's number.

The phone rang for a bit, before someone picked up. It wasn't Mikey.

"Hello? Gerard?"
It was Rayne.

"Oh.. Hello Rayne. Uh.. I was wondering if you knew where Mikey was?" Gerard spoke a little softly.

"He's here with me, did he not tell you he was coming over after school with me?" Rayne said confused.

"...No. He didn't tell me anything. Is he sleeping over?"

"Here you can talk to Mikey" The phone muffled as it was being passed over. "Hey Gerard!"

"Hello Mikey.. so are you coming home or not?" Gerard sort of picked at his fingers, waiting on a response.

"I'm sleeping over here tonight. My class has that big field trip to Washington tomorrow. Did Aunt Carrie not tell you?" Mikey spoke.

"No.. she didn't tell me anything, she's also not here right now.. is she working night shift or something?" Gerard was confused on what was going on, he was never left clueless like this before.

"Yes.. she's working night shift.. did she not tell you that either?" Mikey sort of huffed, confused as well.

"Yeah.. she didn't tell me that either.. well at least I know where everyone is now.. I'll let you go. Good night Mikey. Be safe." Gerard sighed

"Same to you Gee. Get some rest. Don't stress too much." Mikey said before setting the phone down, hanging up.

Gerard sighed, setting the phone down, rolling back over into his bed, looking around the dark room. Why was he being left with no explanation. Nobody told him he was going to be left alone for the night, nobody said anything. He was left clueless. No answers. He was left, alone.