Chapter 4- The Seating Arrangement

Once Gerard and Frank got the project done, Frank was literally rambling about random shit which was boring to Gerard. Frank was talking about the girl he told her roots were showing and he somehow found it insanely hilarious. Gerard sighed, sort of playing with his fingers, seriously uninterested in hearing what Frank had to say.
A few hours passed and Frank had left. Gerard wasn't necessarily happy he had left, he enjoyed the company. Nonetheless, but Frank caught Gerard in a bad time, he wasn't really interested in having people over. But he didn't want to leave Frank clueless and not helping him out with this stupid physics project that was worth half the grade for the semester. Once it was dark out, Gerard was sitting upstairs in his room, watching some dumb broadcast on the TV. They were talking about recent crimes and certain issues in the economy. Boring. The four women on the TV, sitting in there seats, dressed up, basically looking like clones of each other was extremely uncanny. They talked the same, sounded the same, and all laughed at the same exact time when something funny was said. Honestly, pretty scary. He shut the TV off and rolled over, trying to get some sleep, knowing Carrie would be home early in the morning. The noises of the cars and people talking from outside somehow brought comfort to Gerard, it reminded him that he wasn't alone on this earth.

Monday had come, the sun was shining today, no clouds, it wasn't hot, but it wasn't cold, it felt nice out. Gerard was driving to school, Mikey had stayed the weekend with Rayne, so he had got to school with him. The drive alone was nice, music quietly playing in the background. Pulling into the school parking lot, seeing kids and teachers pile into the school. He stopped the car, opening the door and stepping out. All the juniors and seniors had designated parking spots, which they were allowed to paint or whatever. Gerard hadn't got to that yet, he was planning on doing it before he graduated. He walked into Physics for first period, Frank was sitting next to the girl he sat with last week. She seemed to have dyed her hair again, seems Frank's comment got to her. The teacher stood at the front of the board, a paper in her hand, Gerard assuming it was the project grades. She passed the rubrics around, each one filled with check marks, which determined the grade, once Frank got his paper, his eyes slightly widened, a big 100, written in red. With a small side note saying "Great work, Frank!" with a smiley face stamp. Frank tapped on Gerard's shoulder, smiling, whispering to him.
"Thank you.." Gerard nodded, putting the graded paper in his binder. As the class dragged on, the teacher explaining how for the next months, assignments are going to be graded for the semester grade. Most the class sighed and complained, meaning everyone was really going to have to pay attention.
As lunch came around, Gerard was sitting in his normal spot with Mikey and his friends. Frank had been spotted walking to their table by Mikey. "Hey. I think Franks coming over here." Mikey's friends sighed, shrugging. Frank had walked to the table, taking a seat next to Gerard. Looking over to Gerard with a soft smile. "Thanks for the help this weekend. My parents would have killed me if I failed that project." Frank said sincerely. Mikey looked to Gerard. "Oh, was Frank over this weekend?" Mikey asked. Gerard nodded. Getting that awkward feeling in his chest. Frank spoke up. "Do you guys mind if I sit here for lunch?" Mikey shrugged, "I don't mind." Gerard looked over to where Frank usually sat, his friends sitting there, casually talking. Why would Frank want to come sit over here when his friends are clearly right there. The lunch period was kind of boring, just regular conversation.
Gerard had walked into 9th period English, grabbing the class book out of his bag, before a boy with curly hair, and a cool band t shirt came up to him.
"Hey, I saw frank sitting next to you today at lunch. Are you and him friends?" The boy asked, Gerard shrugged.
"I mean, I don't know, he came over last weekend and asked for help with our physics project. I don't know if that makes us friends or not."
The boy nodded, taking a seat next to Gerard.
"I'm Ray. Ray Toro. I'm Frank's friend."
Gerard smiled at him.
"I'm Gerard."
Ray smiled back at him.
"I want you to sit with us at lunch tomorrow. Frank talked about you to us over the weekend and you seemed cool, but only if you want to." Ray said invitingly. Gerard thought for a moment, before nodding.
"Sure. I'll sit with you guys."
It looked as if Ray did a mental fist bump to himself, the way his face lit up.
"Awesome!" Ray exclaimed, before getting a load of 'shhh's' from the class. Sort of making him sink back into his seat.

At the end of the day, Gerard drove home, Mikey stayed after school with Rayne. Once Gerard got home, Carrie was sitting on the couch, watching TV. She looked up from the couch, smiling at Gerard.
"Well hello honey! How was school"
Gerard smiled back. "It was good, got invited to sit at a new table tomorrow." He sort of hummed, sitting on the couch next to Carrie. "Wow! How fun" Carrie smiled, wrapping her arm around Gerard. Gerard nodded, sort of nuzzling into her. Comforted.

They sat on the couch for a couple hours, talking about stuff on the TV, laughing back and forth. Carrie was like a mother to Gerard. She treated him and Mikey like her own kids. Because, she couldn't have any of her own. But, Mikey and Gerard were HER kids. You could see them walking down streets and into stores, and it's quite like a perfect family. Everything Gerard ever wanted, a perfect family.

It was Wednesday, March 20, the last day of school before spring break. Most kids weren't at school, some teachers weren't either. One student Gerard noticed that wasnt there was the blonde girl. For some reason it stuck out to him. But Frank was here, sitting in his normal seat for Physics. Not in the back, but not in the front. Somewhat in the middle row, but to the right. Gerard always made sure to mentally note that, just in case if Frank were to move to a different seat, he could probably put together some conclusions on why.
It was lunch time, and the cafe wasn't filled like any other day. Frank was sitting with his friends, and Mikey was sitting with his, but Rayne wasn't here. Strange. Ray had basically flagged Gerard to go sit over with them. Gerard mentally sighed, walking over to their table, sitting down. They sat at a round table which consisted of 6 rounded seats, only 3 were taken, but now 4 because of Gerard. Ray started some conversation him and the other boy talking to each other. Frank was kind of sitting in silence, fidgeting with something, as if he wanted to speak up.
Since it was the last day, everyone could leave after lunch. Ray and the other boy stopped talking and it sort of got very quiet. Frank lifted his head, speaking up. "Okay. Everyone hear me out. My parents are going to the Bahamas for spring break, and I'm going to have the whole house to myself for 2 weeks. Why don't we throw a wicked party and invite like the entire school?" Ray and the other boy immediately nodded in agreement, Gerard on the other hand was kind of skeptical. But eventually he nodded as well, wanting to see if Frank genius party plan would work. Highly doubt it though.

———————————————————————————

HMMM I WONDER WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN AT THIS WICKED COOL PARTY. luv you all <3
leave suggestions
-author